There are several facts that are now beginning to trickle out into the MSM, and important to note for anyone with eyes to see:
(1) A local security official in Benghazi says he warned Americans three days before the 9/11/12 attacks that the security situation was deteriorating.
(2) Heavy machine guns and rocket propelled grenades were used to attack the consulate from three sides simultaneously (hardly the indicia of a spontaneous anti-movie protest).
(3) The information about an American "safe house" in Benghazi was known to the attackers -- indicating, again, that the attack was coordinated and that security information has been seriously compromised
(4) The administration is not being straight with the American people. Susan Rice insisted the attacks were "spontaneous protests" and that there was no evidence that the attacks were premeditated, even though the Libyan president said that the evidence that had been uncovered left "no doubt" that they were "planned by . . .people who entered this country several months ago, and they were planning this criminal act since their arrival."
(5) The Obama administration's response is a sad joke. Susan Rice's insistence on ABC this morning that "we're not impotent, we're not even less popular" is the most embarrassing denial since President Clinton's insistence that "I did not have sex with that woman." Could someone around there get serious, please, and try to do the right thing notwithstanding the upcoming presidential election?
In fact, a Zogby poll found that, in every country except Saudi Arabia, US favorability ratings had plummeted around the Arab world since Obama came into office, and are lower than at the end of the Bush years.
(5) Some in the press will do anything to obscure the facts for the sake of reelecting President Obama. Given the press' monomaniacal focus on Mitt Romney this week -- as Obama's distancing of Israel/appeasing Islamists policy became a catastrophic disaster -- there's serious doubt about whether all the facts will be brought to light, or (at the very least) given the full airing that they merit.
It's a pretty sad commentary that (with the exception of the CNN piece lilnked above) it's only the foreign papers like the UK Independent and the UK Daily Mail that have had the must-read stories like this (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2202979/Benghazi-attack-U-S-consulate-pictured-Libyan-attack-revealed-officials-knew-attack-plans-48-HOURS-before.html#ixzz26RflCvYe) while the American press has been busy covering Obama's hind end.
Somehow, for Maureen Dowd, the point that most bears making at this point in history is that the Republicans are bad, bad people (http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/16/opinion/sunday/dowd-neocons-slither-back.html?_r=2&pagewanted=all) -- so much for speaking truth to power. For Nick Kristof, as Obama's policy lies in ruins, Romney is the big problem here (http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/16/opinion/sunday/kristof-the-foreign-relations-fumbler.html?ref=opinion). Apparently, the NY Times-trained canines have heard the dog-whistle and headed for their battle stations, right on cue.
Gov. Kasich Signs Pro-Life Budget That Helps Pregnancy Centers, Could Close Abortion Facilities | Leah Barkoukis