GOP lawmakers in the upper chamber penned a letter to the Director-General of the World Health Organization (WHO), Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, requesting information on WHO’s role in China’s cover-up of COVID-19. Republican Sens. Martha McSally (R-AZ), Rick Scott (R-FL), Steve Daines (R-MT), Kevin Cramer (R-ND), Todd Young (R-IN), Joni Ernst (R-IA) and Ron Johnson (R-WI) co-authored the letter.
The letter seeks information on the WHO’s relationship with the Chinese Communist Party (CCP), the regime that is responsible for COVID-19; the virus originated in China and, due to the CCP’s negligence, turned into a global health pandemic that has taken hundreds of thousands of lives worldwide. The group of GOP senators brought the heat on Dr. Tedros:
We write regarding the World Health Organization’s (WHO) role in helping the Chinese Communist Party cover up information regarding the threat of the Coronavirus. Despite calls from Congress for the WHO to complete its own in-depth analysis on the extent of the Coronavirus, we are unaware of any action thus far.
Ahead of an anticipated congressional hearing, we write today to request information regarding the WHO’s failed and delayed response to the Coronavirus. American taxpayers fund the WHO, and it is up to us to make sure those taxpayer dollars are being spent wisely. Therefore, we ask that you please address the follow questions:
1. What protocols and procedures did the WHO have in place for epidemics, suspected pandemics and pandemics prior to December 2019?
2. Please outline what steps were taken by the WHO, in accordance with protocols and procedures for epidemics, suspected pandemics and pandemics, as a result of the Coronavirus.
3. When did the WHO first know China had cases of a potential “SARS-like virus”?
4. When did the WHO team first arrive in China to start investigating the Coronavirus?
5. Who at the WHO was in charge of coordinating Coronavirus response with the Chinese Communist Party?
6. Do any members of WHO leadership receive financial compensation outside of their WHO salaries? If so, please describe.
As the senators point out, the WHO is funded by taxpayers. Countless American lives have been lost at the hands of WHO’s complicity with the CCP, and the organization must be held to account.
Editor's Note: Want to support Townhall so we can keep telling the truth about China and the virus they unleashed on the world? Join Townhall VIP and use the promo code WUHAN to get 25% off VIP membership!