President-elect Donald J. Trump offered an update to his transition team’s work earlier this evening, stressing that he will put America First with regards to future innovation and hopes that all formulation and production will occur in the United States. He’s asking his transition team to come up with a list of executive actions tat Trump can sign on day one to restore our laws and bring back American jobs. Here's an outline of what he wants to do immediately:
- Withdrawing from the Trans-Pacific Partnership and focus on fair, bilateral trade agreements that return jobs to our shores.
- Kill the regulations curtailing American energy production, potentially creating millions of high paying jobs.
- Reducing regulations by formulating a new rule: for every one new regulation, you need to gut two.
- Will work with the Defense Department and the Joint Chiefs Of Staff to develop a strategy that protects the critical areas of our infrastructure, especially protection from cyber attacks
- Order the Department of Labor to investigate all abuses of visa programs that undercut American workers.
- Drain the swamp: the imposition of a five-year ban on executive appointments once they leave office, including a lifetime ban on such officials lobbying on behalf of a foreign government.