FBI Had to Slap Down CBS News Over This Fake News Piece About...
A Dance Team Did Not Just Do This Regarding the ICE Shooting in...
Ilhan Omar Just Called on Democrats to Abolish This Agency
The Deplorable Treatment of Afghan Women Is a Glimpse Into Our Future
In Record Time, Voters Are Regretting Electing Socialist Mamdani
Steven Spielberg Flees California Before Its Billionaire Wealth Tax Fleeces Him
Oklahoma Bill Would Mandate Gun Safety Training in Public Schools
Here Is the Silver Lining to the Supreme Court's Tariff Ruling
CA Bends The Knee, Newsom Will Now Mandate English Proficiency Tests for Truck...
Will The Trump Administration Be Forced to Pay Back Billions in Tariff Revenue?
Justice Thomas Blasts The Supreme Court Majority for Striking Down Trump’s Tariffs
DOJ Probes Three Michigan School Districts That Allegedly Teach Gender Ideology
5th Circuit Vacates Ruling That Blocked Louisiana's Mandate to Display 10 Commandments in...
Kansas Engineer Gets 29 Months for $1.2M Kickback Scheme on Nuclear Weapons Projects
DOJ Files Antitrust Lawsuit Against Ohio Healthcare Company
Tipsheet
Premium

Here’s Why the Defense Department Withdrew the Nomination of This Admiral

Here’s Why the Defense Department Withdrew the Nomination of This Admiral
AP Photo/Evan Vucci

Townhall previously reported how part of the Trump administration's agenda is to gut wokeness from the United States military.

In one example, the Pentagon announced that so-called “transgender” service members would be given the option to leave the military on their own accord; otherwise, they would be pushed out. Additionally, Reuters reported that the U.S. Army would begin to alter the records of transgender soldiers to show only their sex at birth.

The Trump administration made a move this week to gut “wokeness” from another branch.

This week, the Daily Wire reported that the Defense Department would withdraw the nomination of Rear Adm. Michael “Buzz” Donnelly. Under his command, drag performances took place on board the USS Ronald Reagan (via the Daily Wire):

Donnelly served as commanding officer of the aircraft carrier from April 2016 to September 2018, during which time Yeoman 2nd Class Joshua Kelley performed as a drag queen under the name “Harpy Daniels” at a department-sanctioned “Morale, Welfare, and Recreation” event on the aircraft carrier.

The Defense Department announced on June 18 that President Donald Trump had nominated Donnelly for promotion to vice admiral and an appointment as commander of the 7th Fleet, the largest overseas force that the Navy has.

Following inquiries from The Daily Wire about Donnelly and the drag queen shows he permitted on board the USS Ronald Reagan, a source at the Defense Department said that Secretary of Defense Pete Hegseth is withdrawing Donnelly’s nomination to lead the 7th Fleet.

Reportedly, the fleet oversees 50 to 70 ships in the western Pacific and eastern Indian Oceans.

An official in Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth’s office told USA TODAY that the secretary was thankful for Donnelly's service and wished him luck in his next position.

Recommended

Trending on Townhall Videos

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement