President Trump blasted the World Health Organization Tuesday morning for its response to the Wuhan coronavirus outbreak and ongoing capitulation to China.
The W.H.O. really blew it. For some reason, funded largely by the United States, yet very China centric. We will be giving that a good look. Fortunately I rejected their advice on keeping our borders open to China early on. Why did they give us such a faulty recommendation?— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) April 7, 2020
The World Health Organization was told by Taiwan officials on December 29, 2019 that the disease was contagious through human-to-human transmission. They ignored the warning and published false information about the spread more than two weeks later.
"Health officials in Taipei said they alerted the @WHO at the end of Dec. about the risk of human-to-human transmission of the new virus but said its concerns were not passed on..."— jerylbier (@JerylBier) March 20, 2020
Jan 14th: WHO: "Chinese authorities have found no clear evidence of human-to-human transmission" https://t.co/8qQ8en7dK5 pic.twitter.com/JMeLc4yI7M
As I've written and reported before:
To recap, at the end of December the WHO was warned by Taiwan officials that the Wuhan coronavirus was spreading through human-to-human contact. The WHO, an ally first to China -- whose communist party is hostile toward Taiwan -- said two weeks later there was "no evidence" this was the case. They did this by citing unreliable, dishonest, official Chinese government sources. Nearly two weeks after that, the WHO argued against restrictions on international air travel. This of course ultimately led to the devastating pandemic we are in now.
In the time in-between the warning from Taiwan and the statement from WHO everything was fine, China destroyed samples of the virus, shut down labs, arrested doctors and welded shut buildings where victims of the disease lived.
Just two weeks ago, WHO Director Tedros Ghebreyesus was still touting China's bogus information and propaganda.
For the first time, #China has reported no domestic #COVID19 cases yesterday. This is an amazing achievement, which gives us all reassurance that the #coronavirus can be beaten. https://t.co/py3Ka2cbLK— Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus (@DrTedros) March 20, 2020
The WHO has also criticized President Trump's classification of the virus as the "Chinese virus," despite the fact that the disease came from Wuhan, China.
If the Chinese Communist Party and the WHO had been honest about the spread of the disease early on, 95 percent of cases around the world could have been prevented.
Ed. Note: Want to support Townhall so we can keep telling the truth about China and the virus they unleashed on the world? Join Townhall VIP and use the promo code WUHAN to get 25% off VIP membership!