NEW YORK — “Kill, rape, control.”
Not even these words — the actual mission statement of the notorious MS-13 street gang — could trigger the Democratic Left’s unanimous and unconditional disdain.
Fresno County Sheriff Margaret Mims, a guest at a May 16 White House roundtable on the dangers of California’s fugitive cities, complained to President Donald J. Trump: “There could be an MS-13 member that I know about,” but Golden State law prohibits her from alerting Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
“You wouldn’t believe how bad these people are,” a frustrated Trump replied. “These aren’t people.These are animals.”
Democrats and their sentries in the Left-wing media raced to their battle stations. They immediately lied about Trump’s comment and claimed that he referred to immigrants in general as “animals.”
Of course, the president did no such thing. After conservative commenters blew their referee whistles at maximum volume, several media outlets conceded as much. As anyone who watched this event on live TV understood, the only “animals” Trump condemned were members of Mara Salvatrucha-13, a transnational criminal organization largely populated by Salvadoran illegal aliens. Some of MS-13’s men have breached America’s southern “border” over and over and over again.
Also, Trump’s very specific description of MS-13 is precedented. These hoodlums have “transformed peaceful parks and beautiful quiet neighborhoods into blood-stained killing fields,” Trump told Long Island, New York, law-enforcement officials on July 28, 2017.“They’re animals.”
Still, corrected or not, the Left’s default response remained in fifth gear: If Trump’s against it, they’re for it — even though MS-13’s savagery makes the Mafia look like the Rotary Club.
• Senate Democrat leader Chuck Schumer of New York said this, via Twitter: “When all of our great-great-grandparents came to America they weren’t ‘animals,’ and these people aren’t either.”
• “Immigrants are not ‘animals,’” Senator Dianne Feinstein (D – California) announced. “The president’s statement was deeply offensive andracist. Immigrants are our family and friends, and they make significant contributions to our country.”
• “When the president of the United States says about undocumented immigrants, ‘These aren’t people, these are animals’ — you have to wonder, does he not believe in the spark of divinity, the dignity and worth of every person?” House Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi of California asked journalists on Capitol Hill. “Every day that you think you’ve seen it all, along comes another manifestation of why [the Trump administration’s] policies are so inhumane.”
• Rep. Joe Crowley (D – New York) called Trump’s words “disgusting” and added a classic “to be sure…” statement. “Regardless of what they’re about,” Crowley insisted, “they’re still human beings.”
• CNBC’s John Harwood also rode to the rescue of these bloodthirsty killers. As he declared via Twitter: “However repugnant their actions, MS-13 gang members are human beings IMHO.”
• Rolling Stone’s national-affairs writer Tim Dickinson excoriated Trump’s comment as “the language of ethnic cleansing and genocide.”
• One liberal’s response spun around and bit her like a cobra. CNN contributor Ana Navarro slammed Trump in the ugliest terms imaginable. “Trump is in very bad company,” she stated via Twitter. “Nazis referred to Jews as ‘rats.’ Slave-owners viewed slaves as sub-human animals.”
But Fox News Channel’s Tucker Carlson bathed Navarro’s hypocrisy in sunlight when he recalled what Navarro said of Trump in October 2016: “Should Donald Trump drop out of the race? Yes. He should drop out of the human race. He is an animal.”
Trump’s tormentors also were exposed as fools last Wednesday when East Boston MS-13 member Joel Martinez, a 23-year-old Salvadoran native, received a 40-year prison sentence for fatally stabbing Irvin Javier de Paz Castro, 15, in a September 2015 initiation test. Martinez’s MS-13 nickname? “Animal.”
Even more stunning is the fact that Democrats — the reputed Party of Women, the guardians of Girl Power, and the pumping heart of the #MeToo Movement — rushed to defend these barbarians.
Caleb Howe’s op-ed in May 17’s USA Today offered chilling proof of MS-13’s misogynistic carnage. So did a May 22 White House document unapologetically titled, “What You Need to Know about the Violent Animals of MS-13.” (Rather than dive like RINOs beneath their desks as this controversy erupted, President Trump’s valiant press team called MS-13 “animals” 10 times in their hard-hitting communiqué.)
Can you detect the sparks of divinity in these acts?
• Police say that MS-13 members in Long Island, New York, attacked Kayla Cuevas, 15, and Nisa Mickens, the latter on the eve of her 16th birthday. Their weapons: a machete and baseball bats.
“These murders show a level of brutality that is close to unmatched,” Suffolk County Police Commissioner Timothy Sini said of the September 2016 slayings in Brentwood, New York. “Some of the worst that I’ve ever seen.”
• Maryland authorities blame MS-13 for attacking a 15-year-old victim of human trafficking. Cops say that the MS-13 animals took turns pummeling her with a baseball bat, some 30 times.
• Two MS-13 thugs in Houston were indicted for kidnapping and sexually assaulting one girl and killing another. According to the White House document, “The two MS-13 animals laughed, smiled, and waved for cameras in court as they faced the charges.”
• Two illegal-alien members of MS-13 allegedly murdered a 15-year-old girl, known as Genesis, on February 16, 2017. Police say that Miguel Angel Alvarez-Flores and Diego Hernandez-Rivera shot her at close range, in the chest and the head, and then tossed her body on a street in Houston’s Chinatown. Genesis was one of three females held captive in an apartment with six MS-13 animals. Two of the women survived.
In an even more bizarre twist, Alvarez-Flores, AKA Diabolico, killed Genesis as a sacrifice to his shrine of Satan. According to prosecutors, Alvarez-Flores said before diabolically murdering Genesis: “The beast did not want a material offering, but wanted a soul.”
• In April 2017, Long Island police say, MS-13 members fatally beat four males with wooden clubs. The cadavers of the victims, aged 16 to 20, then were slaughtered with machetes. As CNN reported, MS-13 inflicted psychological trauma on a woman, atop their physical destruction of these four men: “Video of the mutilated bodies was sent to a girlfriend of one of the victims.”
• “The gang has their own detectives, so if you don’t cooperate, they will find and kill your family in El Salvador, or Honduras or any other place. Or they will rape your daughters, girlfriends, sisters,” a former MS-13 member, masked as “Speedy,” told the New York Post’s Isabel Vincent last June 10. “If a father doesn’t want to cooperate with us, they will do something to his daughter,” Speedy added. “If a gang member was interested in a girl he saw, he would rape her and claim her as property.”
Democrats are focused like electron microscopes on two key objectives: first, resist President Trump from every angle, no matter the wisdom, justice, or necessity of whatever he says or does; and second, keep the southern frontier open, to replenish the supply of mainly Hispanic immigrants. The Donkey Party craves these “Future Democrats of America.”
If these goals require Democrats and liberals to throw women under the bus — even to MS-13’s advantage — then under the bus the women will be thrown.