- Sarah Palin - Her surprise endorsement of Hoffman helped cement her status as the favorite candidate of the grassroots conservative "tea party" set. That could be helpful in Iowa!
- The Club for Growth - Their endorsement was a HUGE sign that Doug Hoffman could realistically compete financially. It gave everyone a reason to believe the race was 'winnable'.
- Erick Erickson and RedState.com - RedState stared-down the NRCC and won. The conservative blogosphere has long been accused of being a paper (or electronic) tiger. Things have changed. Just as the Netroots were a real force during the Bush years, conservative bloggers are now a powerhouse. The establishment should take notice...
- Concerned Women of America PAC - They were, I think, first to endorse Hoffman -- and they lobbied others organizations to join the cause.
- David Keene of ACU - One of the first to get behind Hoffman, Keene organized an early conference call for conservative bloggers.
- John McCormack - The Weekly Standard reporter Dede called the cops on.
- Numerous conservative bloggers like Michelle Malkin, Robert Stacy McCain, Ed Morrissey, Dan Riehl -- and many, many more -- who covered the race closely.
- Talk radio hosts like Rush Limbaugh and TV hosts like Glenn Beck who supported Hoffman.
- Numerous conservative organizations, including Susan B. Anthony List.
- Numerous candidates (like Tim Pawlenty) and leaders (like Fred Thompson, Dick Armey and Jim DeMint) who endorsed Hoffman.
- 'The Establishment' and 'Old Order' - Ten years ago, Hoffman would have had little chance. Technology and a changing world have diminished the establishment's power.
- Newt Gingrich - Dede's most high-profile endorser. (Though, as I have argued, Newt won't be hurt by this).
- John Boehner and Congressional Republican Leadership - Will he be Speaker some day -- even if Republicans win back the House???
- The NRCC - Need I say more?
- Michael Steele and the RNC
- Mitt Romney, Mike Huckabee, and the other presidential hopefuls who stayed on the sidelines.
WikiLeaks Promises More Email Dumps Featuring Hillary Clinton
Black Votes Matter
DNC Monday: FLOTUS Steals the Show, Then Rumpled Socialist Basks in Adulation