After watching the first debate, I refuse to believe that American voters will choose an encore for Obama's version of "hope and change." Regardless of his new campaign promises, Romney reminded us of Obama's failed trickle-down-government and his string of broken promises. Here are ten reasons that it's time for a change in Washington.
1. He said, "I am pledging to cut the deficit we inherited by half by the end of my first term in office." Instead the deficit has increased by over $5.3 trillion and keeps on growing!
2. He said, "Transparency and the rule of law will be the touchstones of this presidency." But he consistently made back-room deals, bringing Nancy Pelosi to say regarding the Affordable Care Act, "We have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it." We are still finding out what is in it!
3. He promised, "Under the plan, if you like your current health insurance, nothing changes, except your costs will go down by as much as $2,500 per year." But, since 2009, premiums have risen by $2,370 a year. Health insurance premiums are becoming the biggest single monthly payment after mortgages. That cost will soon get a lot worse unless something is done.
4. He campaigned saying, "If you choose change, you will have a nominee who doesn't take a dime from Washington Lobbyists. Doesn't take a dime from Washington PACS. And when I am President, their days of setting the agenda in Washington will be over." He's rejected public funding and his contributions from the PACS and labor union are setting records.
5. He promised that if Congress passed the stimulus plan, unemployment wouldn't go over 8%. Unemployment has been above 8% for 43 straight months, and 23 million Americans have stopped looking for work, are out of work, or are underemployed. More of the same policies is not the answer!
6. He said investing in alternative energy and restricting our dependence on oil and gas would produce a profitable energy future. Solyndra went bankrupt taking our tax money with it. His policies have increased our dependence on foreign oil and resulted in exorbitant gas prices. Romney promises jobs and energy independence by taking advantages of our own energy resources.
7. He said he'd raise incomes for people, but Sentier Research reports that household incomes are down more than 8% since Obama took office. That's a reduction of over $4,000 for the average family. Can you afford four more years?
8. Ronald Reagan said, You +1'd this publicly.
Not The Onion: 'The Gov't Employees Can't Watch Porn At Work' Legislation Passes Oversight Committee | Leah Barkoukis