The Family Research Center has launched a petition to Bob Schieffer at CBS News. The following is from their daily email on October 13:
Unless you act immediately by contacting CBS's Bob Schieffer, the moderator in Wednesday's final presidential debate, it's likely that the final meeting of the candidates will not contain any questions on marriage or abortion.
Last Friday, Connecticut's Supreme Court overturned that State's marriage law and mandated that every citizen recognize homosexual "marriage." Voters have the right to hear the candidates answer these timely questions:
- Do you believe that the U.S. Constitution contains a right for homosexuals to marry?
- Would you change the traditional definition of marriage contained in the federal Defense of Marriage Act?
- Do you support the Defense of Marriage Act's provision allowing states not to recognize same-sex marriages from other states?
- Have you ever opposed any ballot initiative seeking to define marriage as a relationship between one man and one woman?
No issue our nation faces is more important than the protection of innocent unborn life, so Mr. Schieffer should also question the candidates as follows:
- Do you agree or disagree with the Supreme Court's decision allowing the government to ban abortions that kill a partially born baby?
- Have you ever supported or opposed any law designed to protect the lives of babies that have survived an attempted abortion?