Teamsters President Delivers Fiery, 'Drain the Swamp' Address at Republican Convention
We Have Another Major Update on Trump Assassination Attempt
I’m Not Interested In Unifying With Leftists Right Now
Following the Attempt on Trump's Life, We Nominate the Worst Media Coverage
Trump’s Near Miss — The Day George Washington’s Words Came To Life
An Assassination Attempt Was Inevitable
Trump Rewrites Republican Convention Speech to Focus on Unity, Not Biden
Tone Down the Rhetoric
The Republican Party Platform is Good
Trial Lawyers Are the Only Winners From Arbitration Restrictions
Half an Inch From a Civil Crisis
DEI Is Transitioning to Die
The Riots That Never Happened
KJP Warns Biden Won't Change His Rhetoric, as Biden Won't Even Admit He's...
Joe Biden's Latest Plan to Combat Inflation Is a Joke
Tipsheet
Premium

New CNN Poll Spells Bad News for Biden

AP Photo/Carolyn Kaster, File

Townhall has covered how President Biden's approval rating has plummeted since he took office. A poll released this week conducted by a mainstream left-wing news outlet falls in line with previous polls detailing Biden's poor approval rating. In addition, the poll showed Americans' approval rating issue-by-issue. 

The poll released by CNN on Wednesday shows that the president's approval rating is really underwater.

According to the poll, 41 percent of respondents approve of the way Biden is handling his job as president. On the other hand, 59 percent disapprove. 

Going further, 34 percent of the respondents approve of the way Biden is handling the economy. Two-thirds, 66 percent, disapprove. The findings were exactly the same when respondents were asked if they approved of the way Biden is handling immigration. 

As for the COVID-19 pandemic, 51 percent of respondents said they approve of the way Biden has handled the pandemic, while 48 percent said they disapprove. Only 46 percent of respondents approve of Biden's handling of the situation in Ukraine. Fifty-four percent disapprove. 

When respondents were asked if they think Biden's policies have improved economic conditions in the country, only 19 percent said yes. Fifty-five percent of respondents said Biden's policies have worsened the economy. 

Biden's approval rating in CNN's poll has declined steadily over the past year. In March 2021, his approval rating in the survey stood at 51 percent. It has dropped every month since, except in December when it ticked up one percentage point to 49 percent. However, it quickly dropped eight percentage points the following month. 

The polling took place from April 28 to May 1 and included 1,007 respondents. The margin of sampling error is plus or minus 3.9 percentage points at the 95 percent confidence level. 

Sponsored

Recommended

Trending on Townhall Videos

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement