Kash Patel Becomes the Focus of Media Analysis They Consistently Get Wrong
The Deplorable Treatment of Afghan Women Is a Glimpse Into Our Future
In Record Time, Voters Are Regretting Electing Socialist Mamdani
Steven Spielberg Flees California Before Its Billionaire Wealth Tax Fleeces Him
Oklahoma Bill Would Mandate Gun Safety Training in Public Schools
Here Is the Silver Lining to the Supreme Court's Tariff Ruling
CA Bends The Knee, Newsom Will Now Mandate English Proficiency Tests for Truck...
Guatemalan Citizen Admits Using Stolen Identity to Obtain Custody of Teen Migrant
Oregon-Based Utility PacifiCorp Settles for $575M Over Six Devastating Wildfires
Armed Man Rammed Substation Near Las Vegas in Apparent Terror Plot Before Committing...
DOJ Moves to Strip U.S. Citizenship from Former North Miami Mayor Over Immigration...
DOJ Probes Three Michigan School Districts That Allegedly Teach Gender Ideology
5th Circuit Vacates Ruling That Blocked Louisiana's Mandate to Display 10 Commandments in...
Kansas Engineer Gets 29 Months for $1.2M Kickback Scheme on Nuclear Weapons Projects
DOJ Files Antitrust Lawsuit Against Ohio Healthcare Company
Tipsheet

In 'Solidarity' With Trump, WH Staff to Skip Correspondents' Dinner

In 'Solidarity' With Trump, WH Staff to Skip Correspondents' Dinner

White House staff members will skip the annual correspondents’ dinner out of “solidarity” with the president, the White House Correspondents Association said Tuesday.

Advertisement

Trump announced last month that he would not be attending the April 29 dinner, but wished everyone well and said to “have a great evening!”

WHCA President Jeff Mason said the organization "regrets this decision very much."

“We have worked hard to build a constructive relationship with the Trump White House and believe strongly that this goal is possible even with the natural tension between the press and the administration that is a hallmark of a healthy republic," he said in a statement.

While Trump did not give a specific reason for his absence at this year’s dinner, his relationship with the press has been particularly rocky.

In a February interview with Fox News the president said “I just thought it would be better if I didn’t do it this year.”

He did not rule out attending the event in the future, however. 

Join the conversation as a VIP Member

Recommended

Trending on Townhall Videos

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement