- To work with policymakers and activists to enhance transparency in government spending by creating searchable online databases;
- To develop best practices based on experiences at various levels of government;
- To highlight developments and efforts pertaining to the area of fiscal accountability;
- To educate taxpayers on fraud, waste and abuse in government finance and to provide them with the tools to combat these;
- To serve as a clearinghouse for information and to facilitate contact between parties involved in the effort to make government more accountable to taxpayers.
Not only does this website endeavor to hold federal government agencies accountable, it is also zeroing in on keeping state and local government accountable and transparent.
Here is a link if you’re interested in making sure your government is accountable to you.