I'm Sick and Tired of Idiots
Judge Blocks VA Dems' Insane Congressional Map
Trump Cleans Up Biden’s Mess
The Atlantic Was Fooled by Its Reporter’s Fictional Report, and Jen Psaki Defies...
Will We See a Supreme Court Vacancy (or Two) This Summer?
Discipline Required
Jim Crow Smears Allowed by Democrat-Aligned 'Fact-Checkers'
Marco Rubio: More Than Just the Good Cop
Transparency Is Public Safety: Medicaid Oversight and Honest Governance Matter
Arizona Lawmaker Calls for Charlie Kirk Loop 202 to Honor Free Speech Advocate
As We Celebrate Our Founding, We Should Remember and Give Thanks for Abraham...
Don't Be Fooled by Tehran's Three-Year Nuclear Ruse
Equal, Fair and Farce
Chinese National Convicted in $2.2M Gift Card Scheme
Stolen Ambulance Rammed into DHS Building in Utah
Tipsheet

Trump Defends Yemen Raid Amidst New NBC Report that Questions Its Success

Trump Defends Yemen Raid Amidst New NBC Report that Questions Its Success

President Trump covered a host of topics in his sit-down interview with the anchors of "Fox and Friends," which aired Tuesday morning. Notably, he weighed in on the dangerous and criminal leaks coming out of the White House, putting the blame squarely on the previous administration.

Advertisement

“I think President Obama’s behind it, because his people are certainly behind it," Trump said.

The president saved some criticism, however, for his longtime sparring partner Sen. John McCain (R-AZ). Trump told the anchors he was disappointed in how McCain chose to define the U.S. raid on an Al Qaeda compound n Yemen in January, in which we lost one of our brave Navy SEALs, William Ryan Owens. Trump mourned Owens' death, yet said the raid had been a successful one. McCain responded that he wouldn't use that word.

"This is something they were looking at for a long time doing, and according to General [James] Mattis, it was a very successful mission," Trump said. "They got tremendous amounts of information."

Advertisement

McCain is not the only one who disagrees with the president's assessment. In a new NBC News report, U.S. officials claim that the mission resulted in little intelligence.

On Monday, Trump announced his plans to propose a $54 billion increase in military spending. While some may think that number would appease the hawkish Arizona senator, McCain said it was not enough for a "world on fire."

Trump will have the chance to defend his proposal and more during his first address to Congress Tuesday at 9 p.m. ET.

Join the conversation as a VIP Member

Recommended

Trending on Townhall Videos

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement