What Fresh Hell Is This? A Dance Team Reenacted Renee Good and Alex...
Ilhan Omar Just Called on Democrats to Abolish This Agency
DHS Issues Memo Allowing ICE to Arrest, Detain Refugees
Utah Governor Lashes Out at Trump Administration Over Effort to Block State Gambling...
We Are a Nation of Too Many Laws – Some Congress Members Are...
This Prosecutor Just Unveiled Shocking New Plan to Go After ICE Agents
Why Does 'Trans' Minnesota Politician Finke Oppose Restricting Adult Websites?
Here's What President Trump Had to Say About the Supreme Court's Tariff Ruling
Rep. Becca Balint Admits What We've All Known About Illegal Immigrants and Voting
Pennsylvania Principal Drops the Hammer on Students' Anti-ICE Protest
Wisconsin's Republican Gubernatorial Candidate Tom Tiffany Earns Two Big Endorsements
Gavin Newsom Wants to Run the Country, but He Can't Keep Track of...
Behold the Dumbest Attempt at Comparing Pretti to Rittenhouse
Justice Thomas Blasts The Supreme Court Majority for Striking Down Trump’s Tariffs
DeSantis Blasts Mamdani Over Proposed Property Tax Hike As Florida Moves to Eliminate...
Tipsheet

White House Sidewalk Permanently Closed For Security Reasons

White House Sidewalk Permanently Closed For Security Reasons

A strip of pavement in front of the White House has been permanently blocked off from the public after numerous security breaches/jumpers cleared the fence at that spot. Previously, the south fence of the White House had only been blocked off from 11 p.m. until 6 a.m., but security concerns have necessitated its permanent closure.

Advertisement

The U.S. Secret Service said it would end public access to a sidewalk along the south fence of the White House beginning on Wednesday night.

The sidewalk has been closed nightly from 11 p.m. to 6 a.m. since 2015 and will now be off-limits around the clock, the Secret Service said in a statement.

The closure will "lessen the possibility of individuals illegally accessing the White House grounds," Secret Service Communications Director Cathy Milhoan said.

Now, people looking to view the south fence will be forced to stand about 80 feet further away than before. The Secret Service, however, has assured people that they will still be able to photograph the White House and that there will not be any additional barriers installed at the site.

In March, a man who was armed with pepper spray jumped the fence and spent a full 17 minutes on the White House grounds before being captured. There were also numerous "jumpers" during the Obama administration.

Join the conversation as a VIP Member

Recommended

Trending on Townhall Videos