I'm Sick and Tired of Idiots
Judge Blocks VA Dems' Insane Congressional Map
Trump Cleans Up Biden’s Mess
The Atlantic Was Fooled by Its Reporter’s Fictional Report, and Jen Psaki Defies...
Will We See a Supreme Court Vacancy (or Two) This Summer?
Calling the SAVE Act 'Jim Crow' Is an Insult to History
Discipline Required
Jim Crow Smears Allowed by Democrat-Aligned 'Fact-Checkers'
Marco Rubio: More Than Just the Good Cop
Transparency Is Public Safety: Medicaid Oversight and Honest Governance Matter
Arizona Lawmaker Calls for Charlie Kirk Loop 202 to Honor Free Speech Advocate
As We Celebrate Our Founding, We Should Remember and Give Thanks for Abraham...
Don't Be Fooled by Tehran's Three-Year Nuclear Ruse
Equal, Fair and Farce
Chinese National Convicted in $2.2M Gift Card Scheme
Tipsheet

Border Patrol Catches More Previously Deported Sex Offenders

Border Patrol Catches More Previously Deported Sex Offenders
AP Photo/Eric Gay

Border Patrol agents continue capturing convicted criminals who have previously been kicked out of the country. On Monday authorities apprehended a Mexican man with a record in Nevada who had been removed last year.

Advertisement

“Agents conducted records checks, which revealed that the man, later identified as Mauricio Moreno-Garcia, a 26-year-old Mexican national, was convicted of Sexual Lewdness w/Child less than 14 years of age in 2016 out of the state of Nevada.  Moreno was sentenced to 24-60 months confinement for his conviction,” CBP reported.

The agency noted that he had been “removed from the United States on January 11, 2018 as an aggravated felon,” and said that he “is being held in federal custody pending further criminal prosecution.”

Last Friday Border Patrol agents arrested several people who were traveling in two vehicles that were trying to avoid an immigration checkpoint. “After a brief pursuit, Ysleta Station agents stopped both vehicles in order to perform immigration inspections. Seven subjects from both vehicles attempted to flee and six were eventually taken into custody,” according to CBP. One of the people captured was a previously deported Salvadoran man with a disturbing criminal record:

Rivas-Marquez had been charged with multiple related sex offenses against a victim less than 13 years old and was convicted of five counts of indecent liberties. Sentenced to 50 years in prison, Rivas-Marquez was granted a 48-year suspended sentence under stipulation that he never return to the United States, or he would immediately be returned to prison to serve the remaining 48 years of his sentence. Rivas Marquez is currently in custody pending criminal prosecution for 8 USC 1326 (re-entry after removal) and other criminal proceedings.

Advertisement

CBP’s press release also said that “It is important to note that an arrest should not be considered evidence of guilt, and subjects are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.”

The persistent problem of illegal alien criminals reentering the country demonstrates the need to carefully control who enters the U.S.

Earlier this week Townhall highlighted the September 4th arrest of a Mexican man who had previously been deported in 2012 and 2016—the illegal alien had been “convicted of molestation of a minor and sexual battery in 2015 by Fulton County, Georgia,” according to CBP.

Join the conversation as a VIP Member

Recommended

Trending on Townhall Videos

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement