Mother Teresa was canonized on Sunday by Pope Francis, and will now be known as St. Teresa of Calcutta. She was the founder of the Missionaries of Charity, and was the 1979 Nobel Peace Prize laureate. Here are some of her most inspiring and thought-provoking quotes:
1. "If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other."
2."I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love."
3. “I see somebody dying, I pick him up. I find somebody hungry, I give him food. He can love and be loved. I don’t look at his color, I don’t look at his religion. I don’t look at anything. Every person whether he is Hindu, Muslim or Buddhist, he is my brother, my sister.”
4. "I try to give to the poor people for love what the rich could get for money. No, I wouldn't touch a leper for a thousand pounds; yet I willingly cure him for the love of God."
5. "Love begins at home, and it is not how much we do, but how much love we put in the action that we do."
6. "The biggest disease today is not leprosy or tuberculosis, but rather the feeling of being unwanted."
7. "Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love."
8. "If you judge people, you have no time to love them."
9. "Spread love everywhere you go. Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier."
10. "If you can't feed a hundred people, then feed just one."