Oh my goodness, the 2014 election victories didn’t end the war! You mean the progressives are still out there dreaming of a future full of hugs and goosestepping? You mean the GOP Establishment hasn’t just given up its power and knelt before us, begging to be forgiven for its craven crony corporatism? You mean the fight’s not over?
No, the fight’s not over. So stop whining that you can’t go back to sitting on your rear end – we have a long campaign ahead. I know you’re tired. I know you’re frustrated. And I don’t care.
Some people want to throw in the towel just as we are approaching the knockout. News flash: Our opponents punch back. Time to take the hit and drive on.
We’re winning, only we haven’t won yet. So pick up your (figurative) weapons and follow me. The fight’s up ahead, and we’re going to keep moving to the sound of the guns.
Writer Brian Cates has the right idea. Jolted into action by Andrew Breitbart, as so many of us were, he watched conservatives win in 2010 and things marginally improve. Then 2012 moved us backwards. Then 2014 moved us forward again as we retook Congress. Then, last week, he watched Team Boehner and McConnell roll over on immigration funding after utterly botching their strategy in a manner that would make the French Army proud.
So, like all of us, he had reached a decision point. His options: Give up or fight on. In a brilliant series of tweets, collected here, he chose to fight on. (Hat Tip: Glenn Reynolds)
Yeah, the GOP stinks. Yeah, there is a contingent within the GOP that prioritizes its own power and position over conservatism. Well, welcome to human nature – a certain percentage of human beings simply suck. You can cry about it like Nancy Pelosi at a Bibi speech or you can man-up and deal.
The only viable strategy is this – complete the seizure of the GOP’s infrastructure, turn it completely conservative, and then go and defeat the liberals. And that’s hard. And that won’t happen overnight. And we’re going to be disappointed – probably a lot. But the alternative is to cede the country to the liberal fascists who want to force us to live in carbon-free huts, steal our sacred Constitutional rights, and peer into our bedrooms lest we commit felony cisnormativism.
I’m not willing to let that happen. What about you?
Understand that if you quit now because your widdle feewings got hurt cuz you didn’t win a particular fight means you have quit on America. Suck it up and drive on – I don’t care if you’re sad, mad or frustrated. Your feelings mean nothing. Fight.
I didn’t title my book Conservative Insurgency: The Struggle to Take America Back 2009 – 2041 because I thought we would have this all wrapped up last November.
I’m a military guy, so I deal with the facts as they are, whether I like them or not. And here are the facts:
1. We conservatives have made huge, undeniable strides since 2010. There are more conservatives at every level of government except the presidency than there have been in a century. That’s tangible progress we can’t just fritter away.
2. At this moment, the GOP controls Congress, not conservatives. But the GOP is more conservative than it was, and every election it gets more so. We have fired many RINOs. We will fired more. No, they aren’t all gone yet, and because they are the Old Guard they, by definition, hold positions of seniority. But the next stop for people with seniority is the pasture – they are going away, slowly but surely. In a decade, McCain, Hatch and a bunch of other pseudo-cons will be just a vaguely troubling memory – and the generation coming up behind them is decidedly unsquishy.
3. There isn’t going to be a third party. The GOP has an infrastructure that is powerful, that is effective, and that we need to take over to use to promote conservatism. We can’t build a third party from scratch without giving the liberals the country for a couple decades, at the end of which our third party is likely to be outlawed anyway.
4. We are outworking, outthinking and outbreeding our withered, hateful, failed opponents. They are defending the status quo, and who is happy with that? The trends go our way. Look at the loser they are wheeling out in 2016 – an elderly, hypocritical cryptolibfascist email-shredder reeking of corruption and decay, whose satyr of a husband will undermine her by nailing every tramp he can get his gnarled paws on from now until election day. Bring her on. Oh yeah, we’re ready for Hillary.
5. In 2016, we are likely to nominate a conservative. Establishment darling Jeb Bush’s innovative strategy of alienating the people who actually vote in the GOP primaries is failing. He’s a loser. The only people excited about his candidacy are squishes who can write million dollar checks, Democrats and their mainstream media catamites, and Jeb Bush himself.
Victory is in sight, yet the pouters have to come out every time we don’t slam dunk a win and start their defeatist muttering.
“Oh, I’m sick of being fooled by the GOP!” Well, if the GOP fooled you, then you’re a sucker and an idiot. What would possess you to trust people who are not as conservative as you to be as conservative as you? We’re using them because at this moment we need them. We can often compel them through fear of our votes to hold their nose and vote our way, but ultimately we need to replace them and that takes time and effort. Until then, we need to deal with GOP noodle-spines with our eyes open and with a whip and a chair in hand.
“I’m never voting Republican again!” You tool. You just promised to actively support the destruction of our country and Constitution. That’ll show ‘em! You know, after liberals hear that kind of loser talk they want to cuddle and have a cigarette.
“The Democrats and Republicans are exactly the same!” Don’t be stupid. Obama is on defense because we took the Congress. Yeah, he’s pushing the envelope of the Constitution, but at the margins. His hopes for new grand fiascos? Gone. Sure, President Failure can make an executive order here and there, but cutting funding for, say, the FCC or the IRS to stop noxious executive actions doesn’t have the horrendous optics of defunding the Department of Homeland Security. By the way, if Team Boehner and McConnell are so tactically inept that they thought it was going to work to threaten to defund the entire DHS, why would we imagine they are tactically savvy enough to beat us over the long run?
I don’t want to hear about how hard this fight is. I don’t want to hear how sad you are. I want to hear how you went out and replaced that time-serving hack on your local GOP central committee.
Stop whining. Our country is at stake. This is going to be hard. Too bad. Now ruck up and move out.