People sometimes ask, “Why didn’t the Germans do something about Hitler?’ or “Why didn’t the Russians do something about Stalin?” Or “Why don’t the North Koreans overthrow their regime?”
The answer is fear. Fear can stop even the most moral person from doing the right thing. In California in 2009, more than twenty people watched for two hours while four men raped a 15-year-old girl outside a high school. In New York in 1964 a 24-year-old woman was stabbed to death while 38 witnesses watched from their windows. Fear paralyzes.
And evil regimes don’t need the specter of torture or death to make people cower in the corner; just threatening someone’s livelihood is usually enough. We see this kind of intimidation everywhere nowadays. Teachers, professors, journalists all toe the leftist line to keep their jobs.
So now we know the answer to the question “Why don’t the Republicans do something about Obama?” The answer is fear. They fear being called “racist.” They fear being attacked by the leftwing media mob. They fear their phones being tapped. They fear being ostracized from DC’s social circles. They fear losing the next election. They may not like what is going on, but no one wants to be the one to stick his neck out and do something about it. And so our elected representatives, our senators and congressmen, watch as leftwing hooligans dismantle, dynamite, and demolish our country – shaking in their boots, paralyzed to do anything about it.
That’s why El Presidente has decided to go ahead with amnesty for illegals and can say “the American people and US Constitution be damned.” The Republicans aren’t going to do anything about it. Not as long as people like Karl Rove argue for the political equivalent of “Don’t get involved” – i.e., it might cost us the next election.
But who would want to be elected by the votes of the 30 million people who are in the country illegally, or the next 30 million who swarm in? How is that any better than receiving a gift from a gang lord, which you know was paid for by extortion money?
If, by some miracle, there are enough politicians in Washington who want to stop amnesty, who want to deport illegal aliens and secure the border, here are some suggestions:
- 1) Pass a law saying no photo IDs will be required to enter the White House or the Department of Justice Building. Hey, if it is racist to require photo IDs to vote, it is also racist to require them to enter these federal buildings. The Prez and the Attorney General are discriminating against poor people who cannot get photo IDs; we can’t have that.
- 2) Defund the Justice Department until it starts to deport illegals and enforce the laws currently on the books. Pass a law reducing the budget of the Justice Department to a three-digit figure and make the salary of everyone working there, including the Attorney General, one dollar a month until significant deportation of illegals and enforcement of laws against hiring and harboring illegals can be demonstrated. This plan will also help to reduce the national debt.
- 3) Stop all federal funds from any city, county, or state which offers itself as a sanctuary for illegal aliens.This would also be good to reduce debt.
- 4) Have Congress create a new agency, answerable only to Congress, which has the sole purpose of deporting illegal aliens. (See US Constitution, Article 1, Section 8) Can’t show a legal US ID? Back to Mexico you go -- no hearing, no trial. Put a retired general in charge of it. The agency should have its own buses and boats—buses to take illegals back over the border or to take them to harbors where we will load them onto boats and sail them to south Mexico and Honduras. Better to send them further south, so it takes longer for them to try to cross again.
- 5) Impeachment. It would be the easiest impeachment in American history. El Presidente has refused to enforce laws and spat on the Constitution so many times, the case against him is a piece of cake. As Nike says, “Just do it.” And then file criminal charges against him and his coconspirators.
These are just suggestions to get the creative juices flowing. There are surely other ways of preventing this catastrophe or undoing it. The point is—something needs to be done, and can be done. If only we can find some politicians with the spine to do it.