Bill Maher Reveals Why He's Harder on Dems Today...and It Was Something
Bang Up Job, Gavin! Newsom's Press Office Launches Lame Attack on Reflecting Pool...
Today's DEI Law School Students Are the Judges Democrats Will Pack the Courts...
When Propaganda Becomes Psychological Abuse
Nick Kristallnacht
10 Shootings Rock South Austin; 2 Suspects in Custody, 1 Still at Large
The White House Issues a Powerful Message of Prayer in Celebration of Rededication...
All of the Worst People Are Coming Out to Support Thomas Massie
Trump Warns Iran: 'Get Moving' or 'There Won't Be Anything Left'
America at 250: Renewing the Faith That Made Us Free
Two Navy Aircraft Suffer Mid-Air Collision at Idaho Air Show
Ken Paxton Scores Historic Win Against the Transgender Movement
Ukraine Launches Drone Attack on Moscow Targeting Oil Infrastructure
Cuba Acquires Over 300 Attack Drones As Tensions With US Rise
Between Ben-Gurion and Bishop Benjamin
OPINION

Justice for No One

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not necessarily represent the views of Townhall.com.
Justice for No One

The Associated Press is reporting that Ali Harzi, a 26 year old Tunisian linked to the assassination attack in Benghazi, Libya that resulted in the death of U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans, has been released "due to lack of evidence."   After the attacks Obama said, "My biggest priority is bringing those folks (the terrorists) to justice and I think the American people have seen that's a commitment I'll always keep." 

Advertisement

In 2005, Ali Harzi and a brother were sentenced to 30 months in prison.  Another brother fought against U.S. led coalition forces in Iraq.  Their father acknowledged in an interview that he had encouraged his sons to take up "jihad in the cause of God."

Despite video showing faces of the attackers, "most suspects remained free" and witnesses have yet to be questioned, according to the AP. 

In a separate report, Reuters noted the same lack of progress in the investigation, citing "no real desire to dig too deep (by Libyan officials) for fear of setting off reprisals" from the Islamic militias.  Even the commander overseeing the security reaction on the night of the attacks had yet to even be questioned as of late last month.   FBI agents sent to Benghazi in October to investigate retreated to Tripoli "because of security concerns" according to Reuters, and simply "put out a poster asking for information."

Ahmed Abu Khattala, about whom "witnesses have said they saw him directing other fighters" during the Benghazi attack reportedly is walking the streets with impunity.  Abu Khattala is said to be the leader of a wing of Ansar al-Sharia, the al-Qaeda linked group said to be responsible for the 9/11/2012 assault. 

Advertisement

But, if he's one of the most wanted men in the world right now, Abu Khattala doesn't seem all that concerned. He sat down with the New York Times and "spent two leisurely hours on Thursday evening at a crowded luxury hotel, sipping a strawberry frappe on a patio and scoffing at the threats coming from the American and Libyan governments."

Abu Khattala told the NYT that, "no authority has even questioned him about the attack…and he has no plans to go into hiding." 

What we have "seen" Mr. President is a feckless foreign policy, no bringing of terrorists to justice, a weakening of American power and influence, resulting in a far more dangerous world. 

Join the conversation as a VIP Member

Recommended

Trending on Townhall Videos

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement