Let’s Take Kamala Up on Her Proposal of ‘No Bad Ideas’
No One Trusts Public Health Experts Anymore, and It's All Their Fault
A Quick Bible Study Vol. 321: What Jesus Said About Food
OK, So Why Do Jews Keep Voting For People Who Hate Them?
Democrat Crimes Need to Be Prosecuted, Pronto!
10-Time Felon Allegedly Posed as Successful Businessman to Swindle Elderly Woman Out of...
The RNC Just Scored a Major Election Security Victory in North Carolina
Mangione Superfan Who Celebrated Brian Thompson's Alleged Murder Is Daughter of CVS Health...
Marco Rubio Just Torched the Panicans Crying Over the Iran Peace Deal
Wait, This Democrat Candidate Refuses To Say the Pledge?
The Trump Administration Just Handed This Commie a Subpoena
God and the Jefferson Memorial
What Explains the Catastrophe of Seattle's Mayor Katie? Could Be Evolution
Science Is Making the Humanity of Unborn Babies Harder to Ignore
Mars Colonization and the Economic Future of SpaceX
Tipsheet

White House Threatened YouTube Over Bogus Benghazi 'Video'

White House Threatened YouTube Over Bogus Benghazi 'Video'

When the 9/11 attack in Benghazi occurred, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton was told by 2 a.m. on the day of the incident that it was in fact a terror attack according to testimony from then deputy chief of mission at the U.S. Embassy in Libya Greg Hicks. Earlier this month, we learned White House National Security Advisor Ben Rhodes played a major role in coordinating false talking points that shifted focus away from failed Obama administration policy to a bogus YouTube video.

Advertisement

Now, Chairman of the House Oversight Committee Darrell Issa is revealing parts of new classified emails showing the White House specifically called YouTube to warn them of the consequences for posting the anti-Islam video. The emails contradict White House claims the YouTube video argument came from the intelligence community.

Republican Rep. Darrell Issa claimed that an email he’s reviewed shows the White House decided to reach out to YouTube within hours of the Benghazi terror attack, to warn the website about the consequences of posting an anti-Islam video.

The email would suggest the White House was connecting the attack to the video almost from the outset -- though their initial claim that the attack sprung out of protests over the film would later be proven false.

According to Issa, who discussed excerpts from the otherwise classified emails on Wednesday, the email was sent at 9:11 p.m. ET on Sept. 11 to the Diplomatic Security Command Center.

According to Issa, the email said: “White House is reaching out to UTube to advise ramifications of the posting of the Pastor Jon Video.”

Issa said this email is “troubling” because it “contradicts” White House claims that the faulty storyline on the video was drawn from the intelligence community’s talking points.
Advertisement

Related:

BENGHAZI YOUTUBE

Putting White House lies and distractions aside for a second, it's important to point out the abuse of power to silence free speech in this situation. Not only did the filmmaker find himself in jail over the video (as everyone in the State Department and White House have been able to get by with zero accountability), but the White House went out of its way to threaten and intimidate a private video company for posting something that had little or nothing to do with the attack in the first place. This latest revelation is chilling, but just another anti-free speech move on a long list under Barack Obama's leadership.

Join the conversation as a VIP Member

Recommended

Trending on Townhall Videos

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement