Margaret Thatcher has left us.
Other than Winston Churchill, she was the finest leader to come out of Europe in the last century. She helped Britain recover economically, she stood shoulder to shoulder with Reagan against the Soviet Union and she set a fine example not just for Brits, not just for women, but for everyone to follow.
If we had more leaders with Margaret Thatcher's heart, courage and wisdom, this would be a different, better world.
As you read these quotes from one of the towering figures of the 20th century, you'll see why.
25) "Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren’t."
24) "I too have a certain idea of America. Moreover, I would not feel entitled to say that of any other country, except my own. This is not just sentiment, though I always feel ten years younger – despite the jet-lag – when I set foot on American soil: there is something so positive, generous, and open about the people – and everything actually works. I also feel, though, that I have in a sense a share of America."
23) "They’ve got the usual Socialist disease — they’ve run out of other people’s money."
22) "My policies are based not on some economics theory, but on things I and millions like me were brought up with: an honest day’s work for an honest day’s pay; live within your means; put by a nest egg for a rainy day; pay your bills on time; support the police."
21) "If you want to cut your own throat, don’t come to me for a bandage."
20) "Constitutions have to be written on hearts, not just paper."
19) "I never hugged him, I bombed him." -- Thatcher on dictator, Muammar Gaddafi
18) "I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left."
17) "It is always important in matters of high politics to know what you do not know. Those who think that they know, but are mistaken, and act upon their mistakes, are the most dangerous people to have in charge."
Gosnell Movie Exposing Late-Term Abortionist Becomes Most Successful Indiegogo Film Ever | Cortney O'Brien
National Poll: Half of Respondents Say They're "Less Likely" to Vote for Another Bush | Daniel Doherty