On my radio show Tuesday I launched The Obama Project --the attempt to list in succinct fashion the many reasons why President Obama should be defeated in November 2012.
Opponents of the president's re-election shouldn't be lost in the fever swamp of birtherism or challenging the president's Christian beliefs. In fact, Team Obama hopes that bizarre side-issues of zero credibility dominate election coverage and help to keep the public from focusing on thew president's record.
What is vitally necessary is a quick reference guide to the disaster that has been the Obama presidency. I began to assemble it on air and my listeners joined in and quickly we had fashioned "The Obama Project: 50 Reasons To Vote Against Obama 1.0." Your additional suggestions are welcome via email@example.com
2. The failed $850 billion stimulus
3. High, persistent unemployment
4. Gas prices
5. The 2012 budget's fecklessness
6. Massive deficits each and every year
7. The seizure of GM and Chrysler, the transfer of bondholder wealth to unions, and the dumping of the GM stock at a loss
9. Hostility to Israel, including attack on apartment expansion and icing of Prime Minister Netanyahu in basement of White House
10. Failure to support Iran's Green Revolution
11. Failure to support Syrian revolution
12. The Libyan Fiasco
13. The incompetent handling of the Gulf Oil disaster
14. The unnecessary permitorium in the aftermath of the Gulf Oil disaster
15. The shutdown of Shell's Arctic oil exploration by EPA
16. The president's push for cap-and-tax in the Congress
17. The president's attempt to unconstitutionally impose cap-and-tax via EPA when the Congress wouldn't pass cap-and-tax
18. The president's push for unconstitutional restrictions on free speech on his political enemies while keeping the unions free to spend money on campaigns via The Disclose Act
19. The president's attempt to unconstitutionally impose The Disclose Act on his political opponents but not unions via Executive Order
20. The president's use of unaccountable "czars"
21. The president's refusal to accept Congressional direction vis-a-vis his "czars" contained in the last 2011 Continuing Resolution
22. The president's verbal assault on the Supreme Court while the members of the Court sat before him in the state of the Union
23. The president and Eric Holder's politicization of the Department of Justice, including the black panthers case and the refusal to defend DOMA