Kash Patel Becomes the Focus of Media Analysis They Consistently Get Wrong
How America Has Destroyed Its Democracy, Part Two: The Aristocracy of Merit
Three Congressional Missteps on Healthcare
Today’s Qualifications to Be President of the U.S.
Climate Alarmists Howl After EPA Rescinds ‘Endangerment Finding’
Ukraine's Bureaucrats Are Finishing What China Started
Rising Federal Debt: Why Strategic Planning Matters More Than Ever for High-Net-Worth Fami...
Classroom Political Activism Shifts a Teacher’s Role from Educator to Indoctrinator
As America Celebrates 250, We Must Help Iran Celebrate Another 2,500
Guatemalan Citizen Admits Using Stolen Identity to Obtain Custody of Teen Migrant
Oregon-Based Utility PacifiCorp Settles for $575M Over Six Devastating Wildfires
Armed Man Rammed Substation Near Las Vegas in Apparent Terror Plot Before Committing...
DOJ Moves to Strip U.S. Citizenship From Former North Miami Mayor Over Immigration...
DOJ Probes Three Michigan School Districts That Allegedly Teach Gender Ideology
5th Circuit Vacates Ruling That Blocked Louisiana's Mandate to Display 10 Commandments in...
Tipsheet

Chicago-Area Man Seeking Attention Claims To Have Given Up On The Republican Party

Chicago-Area Man Seeking Attention Claims To Have Given Up On The Republican Party
AP Photo/Carolyn Kaster

A 57-year-old divorced Chicago-area man duped into accepting a made up award from Borat has announced that he has given up on the Republican Party. Former Congressman Joe Walsh said this earlier this week despite seeking the 2020 Republican nomination for the presidency. 

Advertisement

"I've given up on the Republican Party. The Republican Party is a cult. They no longer stand for ideas. The Republican Party right now is all about washing their leader's feet every day," Walsh said Monday. 

However, Walsh still promises "to take our campaign directly to Republican voters, and I'll add, in all 50 states, we're going to campaign in all 50 states." 

"We're going to campaign in South Carolina, Arizona, Nevada, and Kansas, because I believe if we let these Republican voters know that the President of the United States just took away their right to vote," he continued. "They'll march on the headquarters of their state parties to get that right to vote back."

Walsh is upset that some state parties are opting not to waste money on primaries. The fired radio host served in Congress from 2010-2012.

When Walsh announced his candidacy, he told ABC News that he is motivated in part because he helped create President Donald J. Trump.

"I helped create Trump, and George, that's not an easy thing to say," Walsh told Stephanopoulos. "I went beyond the policy and the idea differences and I got personal and I got hateful. I said some ugly things about President Obama that I regret."

Advertisement

Walsh, apparently unaware, is now using the same strategy to defeat Trump by calling the commander-in-chief racist, unfit for command, and "dangerous to America," among other personal attacks. 

Join the conversation as a VIP Member

Recommended

Trending on Townhall Videos

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement