Here’s What KJP Had to Say When Asked About Biden Commuting Hunter’s Sentence
Blinken Pressed on Biden's Flow of Aid to Palestinian Terrorists
Federal Reserve Makes an Announcement About Interest Rates
The Economist Took a Close Look at the NYT's Bestseller List and Found...
Joe Biden Thinks Felon Son Is Being Victimized
House Votes to Hold Attorney General Merrick Garland in Contempt
Voters In This Crucial Blue-State Explain Why They Are Voting for Trump
How House Republicans Are Standing With Israel: NDAA Amendments
You Won’t Believe How This High School Spent a $10,000 Grant
Turley Weighs in on How Pelosi's Admissions Highlight Credibility Issues of J6 Committee
Lia Thomas Loses Legal Challenge to Compete in the Olympics
Hamas-Supporting Anti-Semites Are Somehow Getting Even More Brazen and Vile
Another California City Became a 'Sanctuary' for Trans People
Here's What Senate Foreign Relations Committee Ranking Member Risch Is Willing to Do...
The Coast Guard Intercepted Hundreds of Illegal Aliens Bound for the U.S.
Tipsheet

CBS Poll: Viewers Unimpressed by Democratic Debate Performance

AP Photo/Patrick Semansky

Seven Democratic candidates took the debate stage last night in South Carolina, as a last chance to make the case for themselves to voters ahead of South Carolina’s primary and Super Tuesday. Voters were not overly impressed with the candidates’ performances, though, per a CBS post-debate poll. 

Advertisement

The poll surveyed 1,554 people who watched Tuesday night’s Democratic debate on CBS. Sen. Sanders (D-VT) was overwhelmingly identified as the frontrunner, and those surveyed were most impressed by him, at 45 percent; former Vice President Joe Biden was the second choice at 43 percent, followed by Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) at 40 percent. However, the poll found that 69 percent of respondents said that the candidates spent more time criticizing each other rather than making a substantial case for their own candidacy. 

Sen. Sanders was also the favorite to beat President Trump in a general election, receiving 26 percent of voter confidence, followed by VP Biden at 21 percent. Most staggeringly, the poll found that viewers were not inspired by the debate, and it did not increase their overall confidence in the field of candidates. A whopping 47 percent responded that they felt more nervous about the primary contest after the debate, versus 42 percent who said that they felt more optimistic. 

Advertisement

Voters head to the polls in South Carolina on Saturday, where former VP Biden is favored to win. 

Join the conversation as a VIP Member

Recommended

Trending on Townhall Videos

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement