The Epstein Files Are an IQ Test
Legendary Actor and Director Robert Duvall Dead at 95
The Left Is Lying (Again) About Miscarriages and Abortion Laws
Chicago Area Teacher Forced to Resign for Supporting ICE Speaks Out
Hillary Clinton Lied About Deportations Under Her Husband and Obama
Rolling Stone Wonders Why Apple Hasn't Streamed This Widely-Mocked Show Yet
Gavin Newsom Thinks It’s Racist to Criticize Islam. That's the Real War on...
The United Nations Gets Community Noted for Misleading Post on Child Marriage
Schumer: NYC's Stonewall Is 'Sacred Ground' As He Pushes for Congressional Authorization o...
Own It
Armed Protestors Take Issue With Trump's Post-Alex Pretti Comments
Republican Gubernatorial Candidates Blast Newsom's Presidential Tour in Munich
Australian Man Says Billie Eilish Got Him Deported Over His Plan to Stay...
Hakeem Jeffries Clashes With Far-Left Journalists As They Press Him to Abolish ICE
Left-Wing Activist Says She Reported High School TPUSA Event to CPS Over 'Safety'...
Tipsheet

Trump On Executive Order Appeal: 'We'll Win. For The Safety Of Our Country, We'll Win'

Trump On Executive Order Appeal: 'We'll Win. For The Safety Of Our Country, We'll Win'

President Donald Trump traveled to Mar-a-Lago for the weekend, where he attended the 60th annual Red Cross Ball. The press pool asked him about the appeal his administration filed against the ruling rendered by federal district court judge James Robart of Washington state on Friday. Robart stayed the travel provisions in Trump’s executive order on immigration.

Advertisement

“We’ll win,” the president told the press. “For the safety of the country, we’ll win.”

Bloomberg reporter Jennifer Epstein captured the exchange.

***

UPDATE: The Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals denied the Department of Justice’s request to reinstate the travel moratorium earlier this morning. Travelers from those seven predominantly Muslim nations listed in President Trump’s executive order can still come to the United States until Monday. The federal court scheduled 3 A.M. EST as the time where hearings on the challenges to the ban can be heard, according to The Washington Post. The DOJ can respond by 6 P.M. the same day. The DOJ also said that they hope the appeals court can settle this without a hearing from the Supreme Court:

A federal appeals court early Sunday denied an initial bid by the Trump administration to restore its controversial immigration order that had barred refugees and people from seven Muslim-majority countries from entering the United States.

A judge in a lower federal court had put a temporary stop to the travel ban. Because the appeals court declined to intervene immediately, affected travelers can enter until at least until Monday. The appeals court set a schedule asking challengers to the ban to file a response by roughly 3 a.m. Eastern on Monday, and the Justice Department — representing the Trump administration — to reply to that by 6 p.m.

A Justice Department spokesman said government lawyers would wait until then to make their next move.

“With the fast briefing schedule the appeals court laid out, we do not plan to ask the Supreme Court for an immediate stay but instead let the appeals process play out,” Peter Carr said.

Advertisement

Related:

PRESIDENT TRUMP

Join the conversation as a VIP Member

Recommended

Trending on Townhall Videos

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement