Project Veritas released a bombshell video on Wednesday featuring a Pfizer director telling an undercover PV journalist that the company is "exploring" ways to mutate COVID to "preemptively develop new vaccines." After he explains how the experiment would work, the journalist asks whether it's considered gain-of-function research, to which the director says no. "Directed evolution is very different," he claimed, after repeatedly imploring him to keep his comments secret.
As Tucker Carlson pointed out during his Thursday night monologue on "Tucker Carlson Tonight," the exposé is a "huge story," and one Americans are clearly interested in—it has 17.6 million views on Twitter alone at the time of writing. But there's been a dearth of mainstream reporters covering the story, while those who did have had a curious thing happen. The Daily Mail and MSN.com wrote stories about it initially, but their reports have been removed.
What I find incredible @Project_Veritas is that despite my public reach-out to both @DailyMail and @acavallierNYC (the author of the now-deleted article on the story) neither have responded or offered any clarification/reason for the deletion of the story. https://t.co/hcelw4hhkU https://t.co/XmXxPoGGpx pic.twitter.com/QMgb3KraeY— Viva Frei (@thevivafrei) January 27, 2023
Daily Mail and MSN Remove Coverage of Project Veritas Pfizer Bombshellhttps://t.co/hjVc9ir5Wp— Human Events (@HumanEvents) January 27, 2023
Additionally, Big Tech came to Pfizer's assistance, as searches for the story initially returned nothing.
What is going on? pic.twitter.com/ZLY7Si8mVo— James O'Keefe (@JamesOKeefeIII) January 26, 2023
"Google, the biggest search engine in the world, which has a monopoly on search in this country, appears to have gone out of its way to make it much more difficult for users to learn anything about the Pfizer executive pictured in the footage and so there is, in other words, on television and in most places online, a near-total media blackout of this story," Carlson said.
While mainstream outlets aren't touching the story, at least some lawmakers, including Sen. Marco Rubio, are demanding answers from Pfizer President and CEO Albert Bourla.
"Whether it's gain of function research, or selected structure mutations through directed evolution, as Mr. Walker claimed would occur, any effort to make a virus more transmittable and deadlier is careless and dangerous," Rubio said. "Further, Mr. Walker stated that Pfizer is willing to engage in this dangerous research because COVID and its variants are 'a cash cow' for the company and regulators will go easy on their efforts because a significant percentage of government officials aim to work for Pfizer and other biopharmaceutical companies and do not want to compromise their future job prospects.
"As a company that claims to 'innovate every day to make the world a healthier place,' these claims from your leadership charged with research and development are alarming," he added, before asking the following questions:
1. What efforts is Pfizer currently, or planning to, engage in to mutate the SARS-CoV-2 virus?
2. Does Pfizer intend to continue mutating the SARS-CoV-2 virus through gain-of-function, or directed evolution research, with the purpose of creating new vaccines before the variant is present in the greater population?
3. Has Pfizer engaged with federal officials engaged regarding their plans to oversee this research? Please provide the names and agencies for these individuals.
4. What steps has Pfizer taken to ensure the mutated virus does not leak from the laboratory and infect the greater population?
5. Has Pfizer engaged with other biopharmaceutical companies to collaborate on this research effort? Please list the entities that you have been in contact with.
6. Will you commit to halting any future research that mutates the SARS-CoV-2 vaccine as substantial evidence has indicated that similar dangerous research at the Wuhan Institute of Virology very likely led to the initial emergence and global spread of the virus? (Rubio)