The Media Lamentations and Press Bereavement Over the Demise of Stephen Colbert Thankfully...
Paige Cognetti Has a History of Harming Scranton Families, and She'd Do the...
Rep. Hageman Channels the Wyoming Way on Energy, Natural Resources Issues
Why I Will Always Stand With Law Enforcement
Student Activists Are a Symptom — Classroom Bias Is the Disease
States Are Not Bystanders in Homeland Defense
Equal Protection Means What It Says
Has Blaine Luetkemeyer Slayed the Corporate DEI Dragons?
Piers Morgan, Ben Gvir, and the Gift Nobody Asked for
Kansas Mom Says School Let Sex Offender Chaperone Field Trip
Man Allegedly Bilked Taxpayers for 20 Years Out of $283k by Stealing Dead...
Memorial Day Weekend Could Mark Next Chapter in U.S.-Iran Conflict
Man Accused of Michigan Shooting Was Previously Convicted of Hog-Tying Woman but Was...
Explosion at Staten Island Shipyard Injures 16
Fake IRS Agent Sentenced to 4 Years in $1.8M Fraud Scheme
Tipsheet

Another Federal Judge Has Blocked Part of Trump's Revised Travel Ban

Another Federal Judge Has Blocked Part of Trump's Revised Travel Ban

A federal judge in Maryland temporarily blocked parts of President Trump’s revised travel ban early Thursday.

This comes shortly after a federal judge in Hawaii issued a nationwide injunction on the travel moratorium.

Advertisement

U.S. District Judge Theodore D. Chuang in Maryland said the travel ban still discriminates against Muslims.

“The history of public statements continues to provide a convincing case that the purpose of the Second Executive Order remains the realization of the long-envisioned Muslim ban,” he wrote.

The challenge was brought in Maryland by three organizations and six people.

Chuang blocked the part of the president's order related to issuing visas to people from the six predominately Muslim countries targeted in the ban. The plaintiffs had "not provided a sufficient basis" for him to block other parts of the order, the judge said.

Chuang ruled he "should not, and will not, second-guess the conclusion that national security interests would be served by the travel ban." 

“In this highly unique case,” he wrote, “the record provides strong indications that the national security purpose is not the primary purpose for the travel ban.” 

Trump promised to fight the Hawaii judge’s ruling during a rally in Tennessee Thursday.

"We're going to take our case as far as it needs to go, including all the way up to the Supreme Court,” he said.

“We're going to win,” the president continued. “The danger is clear. The law is clear. The need for my executive order is clear."

Join the conversation as a VIP Member

Recommended

Trending on Townhall Videos

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement