Here's the Man Bringing Back Old School Pizza Hut
The Trump Administration Is Cutting College Costs
Memorial Day Is Not About Sales. It’s About Sacrifice.
King Trump and the Looming MAGA Challenge
No More Room at the Inn
Democrats Have Replaced Honest Debate With Race-Baiting
When the Elitist Press Sounds Invested in Islamophobia
May Day, May Day: Teachers and Their Unions Are Trying to Radicalize Your...
Can Trump Handle the World He Has Changed?
Memorial Day Stories of Sacrifice and Courage
Trump's Dietary Guidance Apply to Memorial Day Parties
Energy Apartheid Denying Africa Tech Future
Not the Example Florida Needs in Washington
Congress Was Never Supposed to Run Forever
The AI CEO's Are Their Own Worst Enemy
Tipsheet

New Members Have Been Added to the White House Wuhan Coronavirus Task Force

New Members Have Been Added to the White House Wuhan Coronavirus Task Force
(Official White House Photo by Joyce N. Boghosian)

Vice President Mike Pence announced the addition of new members to the Wuhan coronavirus task force Friday afternoon, signaling the ongoing balance of opening up the economy, shoring up crucial food supply chains and prioritizing public health. 

Advertisement

“Thanks to President Trump’s leadership and the efforts of the American people, we’ve saved lives, Slowed the Spread, and states are Opening Up Again,” said Vice President Pence. “The new members of the White House Coronavirus Task Force will add expertise in the fields of vaccines and therapeutics as well as worker safety as the Task Force renews its focus on getting Americans back to work,” Pence released in a statement. 

The new members include Secretary of Agriculture Sonny Perdue, Secretary of Labor Gene Scalia, Director of the National Institutes of Health Dr. Francis Collins, FDA Director of the Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research Dr. Peter Marks and Administrator of the Health Resources and Services Administration Thomas Engels. 

Earlier this month Pence said the task force could wind down by Memorial Day. Those plans appear to be changing and President Trump issued a clarification about the future of their work. 

"The White House CoronaVirus Task Force, headed by Vice President Mike Pence, has done a fantastic job of bringing together vast highly complex resources that have set a high standard for others to follow in the future. Ventilators, which were few & in bad shape, are now being produced in the thousands, and we have many to spare. We are helping other countries which are desperate for them," Trump tweeted. "Likewise, after having been left little, we are now doing more testing than all other countries combined, and with superior tests. Face masks & shields, gloves, gowns etc. are now plentiful. The last four Governors teleconference calls have been conclusively strong. Because of this success, the Task Force will continue on indefinitely with its focus on SAFETY & OPENING UP OUR COUNTRY AGAIN. We may add or subtract people."  

Advertisement

Related:

MIKE PENCE

 

Join the conversation as a VIP Member

Recommended

Trending on Townhall Videos

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement