Trump Shut Down CNN During Yesterday's Tariff Presser
Student ‘ICE Out’ Protests Go Viral Across US – Now Schools are Taking...
Here's Why the US Is Losing Farms at an Alarming Rate
This State Is Getting Closer to Eliminating Property Taxes
How America Has Destroyed Its Democracy, Part Two: The Aristocracy of Merit
Three Congressional Missteps on Healthcare
Today’s Qualifications to Be President of the U.S.
Climate Alarmists Howl After EPA Rescinds ‘Endangerment Finding’
It's True: Gavin Newsom's California Government Has Paid Protestors Over $100 Million
Three Iranian Nationals Indicted For Attempting to Sell Google Secrets to Home Country
Ukraine's Bureaucrats Are Finishing What China Started
Rising Federal Debt: Why Strategic Planning Matters More Than Ever for High-Net-Worth Fami...
Classroom Political Activism Shifts a Teacher’s Role from Educator to Indoctrinator
As America Celebrates 250, We Must Help Iran Celebrate Another 2,500
Guatemalan Citizen Admits Using Stolen Identity to Obtain Custody of Teen Migrant
Tipsheet

Here's How Many Troops Mattis is Sending to Stop the Caravan(s)

Here's How Many Troops Mattis is Sending to Stop the Caravan(s)

The Pentagon has released the official number of U.S. troops that will be sent to the southern border with Mexico in order to stop the 10,000 person strong caravan moving north from Honduras. A second caravan is behind it.

Advertisement

Officials at the Pentagon aren't explaining how the 5,000 number was chosen. They are calling the deployment "Operation Faithful Patriot."

During a recent interview with Fox News, Homeland Security Secretary Kirsten Nielsen warned members of the caravan they will be prosecuted for attempting to enter the U.S. illegally. 

For weeks, President Trump has warned the caravan and its countries of origin to turn around.

Advertisement

Last week Secretary of Defense James Mattis revealed equipment was being strategically placed along the border to back-up the deployment of additional troops.

The U.S. military has already begun delivering jersey barriers to the southern border in conjunction with plans to deploy active duty troops there, U.S. Defense Secretary Jim Mattis said Sunday as a caravan of Central Americans slowly heads across Mexico toward the United States.

Mattis told reporters traveling with him that details of the deployment are still being worked out but he should have them Sunday night. They will include exactly how many forces are needed.

Join the conversation as a VIP Member

Recommended

Trending on Townhall Videos

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement