FBI Had to Slap Down CBS News Over This Fake News Piece About...
A Dance Team Did Not Just Do This Regarding the ICE Shooting in...
Kash Patel Becomes the Focus of Media Analysis They Consistently Get Wrong
The Deplorable Treatment of Afghan Women Is a Glimpse Into Our Future
In Record Time, Voters Are Regretting Electing Socialist Mamdani
Steven Spielberg Flees California Before Its Billionaire Wealth Tax Fleeces Him
Oklahoma Bill Would Mandate Gun Safety Training in Public Schools
Here Is the Silver Lining to the Supreme Court's Tariff Ruling
CA Bends The Knee, Newsom Will Now Mandate English Proficiency Tests for Truck...
Will The Trump Administration Be Forced to Pay Back Billions in Tariff Revenue?
DOJ Moves to Strip U.S. Citizenship from Former North Miami Mayor Over Immigration...
DOJ Probes Three Michigan School Districts That Allegedly Teach Gender Ideology
5th Circuit Vacates Ruling That Blocked Louisiana's Mandate to Display 10 Commandments in...
Kansas Engineer Gets 29 Months for $1.2M Kickback Scheme on Nuclear Weapons Projects
DOJ Files Antitrust Lawsuit Against Ohio Healthcare Company
Tipsheet

Whoa: Is Venezuela Behind the Caravan?

Whoa: Is Venezuela Behind the Caravan?

During an Oval Office meeting with President Trump on Tuesday afternoon, Vice President Mike Pence implied Venezuela may be behind the 7,000 person strong caravan moving north toward the United States. 

Advertisement

"At the President's direction, I spoke to President Hernandez of Honduras. He told me that the caravan that is now making its way through Mexico, headed for the southern border, was organized by leftist organizations and financed by Venezuela," Pence revealed. "People that are driving this caravan north to challenge our sovereignty, to challenge our borders, are doing so without any regard for human life and doing advance some political statement, or in the case of human traffickers, strictly for financial profit. The president is absolutely determined to use all means at his disposal to organize efforts to have Mexico turn this caravan around."

Earlier this year Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro accused the United States and the CIA of trying to assassinate him. 

Vice President Pence also addressed questions from reporters about President Trump's claims middle easterners are traveling in the caravan.

"It is inconceivable that there would not be individuals from the Middle East as a part of this growing caravan. What the President is determined to do is put the safety and security of the American people first, and I know the President will be addressing this in the coming days about ways we need to close the loopholes that human traffickers and other dangerous individuals used to entice vulnerable families to make the long and dangerous trek north," Pence continued.

Advertisement

During a press briefing at the State Department Tuesday, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said the caravan will not be allowed to enter the United States should it make it to the southern border. 

"The United States also has a message for those who are currently part of this caravan, or any caravan which follows: You will not be successful at getting in to the United States illegally," Pompeo said. "The migrant caravan is violating Mexico's sovereignty laws and immigration procedures. The President will not stand for this to happen to the United States."

Join the conversation as a VIP Member

Recommended

Trending on Townhall Videos

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement