The GOP’s Midterm Reversal of Fortune
When Rich Liberals Beg
Social Security Is Earned—and Washington Must Protect It
There Are Enemies and Then There Are Enemies
Book Review: Douglas Brunt’s The Lost Empire of Emanuel Nobel
Where Eagles Dare
Louisiana Voters Reject Cassidy and His Costly Healthcare Policies
Bay Area Report on ICE Raids Is Peak Elite Cope
Dear Mr. President, the (College) Kids Are Not Alright
Weaponizing Children: Teachers' Unions Cancelling Class for Political Protest
From South Lebanon to Israel — A Childhood Shaped by War, Identity,...
Brothers From Ghana Among Three Charged in Online Romance Scam Targeting Seniors
10 Shootings Rock South Austin; 2 Suspects in Custody, 1 Still at Large
The White House Issues a Powerful Message of Prayer in Celebration of Rededication...
All of the Worst People Are Coming Out to Support Thomas Massie
Tipsheet

HBO Drops 'Game Change' Miniseries After Author Suspended for Harassment

HBO Drops 'Game Change' Miniseries After Author Suspended for Harassment

HBO will not be moving forward with its plan to make a miniseries based off of the 2016 election after Mark Halperin, co-author of the still-unreleased sequel to "Game Change," was suspended from NBC on Thursday following sexual harassment allegations stemming from his time at ABC. Five women initially came forward to CNN to describe Halperin's inappropriate conduct, and more (including Emily Miller) have emerged since. 

Advertisement

Halperin admitted that his behavior was inappropriate, and that he had sexually pursued women that he worked with. 

In a statement released by HBO, the network said that they had "no tolerance for sexual harassment within the company."

HBO previously released a film titled "Game Change," based on Halperin's book about the 2008 election of Barack Obama. The 2016 version was set to be a miniseries. 

Since this morning's explosive report by CNN, more women have come forward to say that Halperin's harassment was an "open secret" at the network. Halperin was employed as ABC's political director from 1997 until 2007 before leaving the network for Time magazine.

In an emotional series of tweets, CNN's Clarissa Ward said that women did not speak out due to Halperin's status at the network and a fear of being seen as an "HR headache." 

Advertisement

Join the conversation as a VIP Member

Recommended

Trending on Townhall Videos

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement