Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) didn't hold back on Tuesday while addressing Indiana voters about Donald Trump. He warned voters that Trump is a pathological liar and a narcissist.
That speech was essentially the completion of Cruz's 180 degree turn on Trump over the past year. In the spirit of "transformation Tuesday," let's take a look at five times Cruz had some nicer things to say about Trump.
1. June 2015: Cruz issues a welcome statement saying that Trump can make America great again
“I’m pleased to welcome Donald Trump into the race for the 2016 Republican nomination for President of the United States. His experience as a successful businessman and job creator will prove crucial to ensuring the eventual GOP nominee is not only well-equipped to defeat Hillary Clinton in November, but also to make America great again.”
2. June 2015: Cruz: "I like Donald Trump" and he shouldn't have to apologize for his immigration comments
“When it comes to Donald Trump, I like Donald Trump. I think he’s terrific. I think he’s brash. I think he speaks the truth,” Cruz said during an interview on “Fox and Friends” promoting his new book. “And I think NBC is engaging in political correctness that is silly and that is wrong.”
3. July 2015: Cruz says Trump is taking on the Washington Cartel
"He’s bold and brash, and he’s willing to speak the truth. And he’s taking on the Washington cartel," Cruz said.
"I appreciate Donald focusing on illegal immigration," Cruz said. "I've been proud to defend him for focusing on illegal immigration."
4. August 2015: Cruz refuses to bash Trump, and praises him for making illegal immigration a campaign issue
“Quite a few members of this field have attacked Donald Trump. A lot of folks in the media have asked me ‘Ted Cruz, will you do the same?’ I have been glad to praise Donald Trump for speaking out boldly and brashly and for focusing on illegal immigration.”
5. December 2015: Cruz tweets that Trump is "terrific" and that there's not going to be a "cage match" between the two
Looks as though the Trump/Cruz friendship is officially, totally, dead.