Georgia's Brad Raffensperger Might Have Some Company in His Election Bunker Tonight
Will Thomas Massie Lose His Primary? He Should.
Ken Paxton, John Cornyn Respond After Trump Makes Endorsement in Texas Senate Race
Here's What Vice President Vance Had to Say at Today's White House Briefing
Scott Jennings Shamed the CNN Panel for Ignoring the Persecution of Christians
The Best of America: Hundreds of Patriots Attended Funeral for World War II...
America's Love Affair With the Road Endures
Free the Mail
The Growing Revolt Against AI Data Centers and What It Gets Wrong
Stephen A. Smith Goes Off on a Lib Caller Who Claims MAGA Is...
Watch Karen Bass's Hilarious Self-Own As She Tries to Blast Spencer Pratt
The Homeless Crisis in Los Angeles Is Even Worse Than You Think
Massie Doubles Down on Fake Trump Endorsement Text After Backlash
Kentucky’s Message to Washington
Thomas Massie Sends Out Flat-Out False Campaign Text
Tipsheet

Chicago PD: Jussie Smollett Is Now a Suspect In a Criminal Investigation

Chicago PD: Jussie Smollett Is Now a Suspect In a Criminal Investigation
Willy Sanjuan/Invision/AP

Chicago police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi on Wednesday took to Twitter to update the public about the investigation into "Empire" actor Jussie Smollett's claims that he was attacked last week. It appears to be a hoax, orchestrated by Smollett himself. 

Advertisement

Guglielmi said the Chicago Police Department believes they'll get a chance to ask Smollett the questions they have.

""It doesn't matter what the investigation shows; if you have information that's helpful to law enforcement, it behooves you to contact authorities and share that information. We have been very diplomatic and have been working with him and his attorneys. We got information, and that what we want [sic] to run by him. If the opportunity is not taken [to come in], we're going to go with other methods to create a culture of accountability," Guglielmi said.

Rumors have swirled about police seeking subpoenas for Smollett's cell phone and bank records, although Guglielmi couldn't confirm exactly what was taking place. He did, however, tell the press "it is not uncommon for any detective or law enforcement to subpoena records."

Advertisement

What's interesting is the two brothers who "attacked" Smollett knew him. ABC7 in Chicago talked with a security guard who purchased ski masks prior to the alleged attack.

The brothers were initially considered persons of interest but are now no longer considered to be suspects in the case.

Join the conversation as a VIP Member

Recommended

Trending on Townhall Videos

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement