Who: Tim Ryan
Where: Niles, Ohio
Current Position: Representative of 13th District
Campaign Site: Tim Ryan for America
Background: Received a Bachelor of Arts in political science from Bolwing Green State University in 1995. After graduation, he joined the staff of Ohio Congressman Jim Traficant. In 2000, he hearned a Juris Doctor degree from Franklin Pierce Law Center.
2020 Campaign & Endorsements
Date Announced: April 4, 2019
Campaign Leadership: Mike Morley
- Abortion: Supports full abortion access for women. He expressed frustration about the Supreme Court ruling for NIFLA v Becerra, which struck down a California law that forced crisis pregnancy centers to provided information about their pro-life mission.
- Gun Control: Ryan donated nearly $20,000 to gun control organizations around the country.
- Economy: Ryan supports raising the minimum wage, going so far as to suggest that a $15 an hour isn't high enough to reach the aspirations of their voters.
- Healthcare: Ryan fully supports the Affordable Care Act.
- Ryan has feuded with Nancy Pelosi for leadership of the Democratic Party. However, he also cooperated with Pelosi on a term limits deal.
This piece is part of our Election 2020 series. See below for more information on the most talked about Democrats challenging President Trump.