Dear Townhall readers, after integrating a Facebook commenting widget into our site in March, we’ve received input about the changes and came to a decision. We decided to toss Facebook out, and re-establish a new commenting system.
Here’s how to sign-up:
1. Click on the “Login” icon that is located where the Facebook commenting widget used to be on the site.
2. A window should pop up that includes a form to sign up for comments. It will ask you to create your username (you can now comment anonymously again), add your email address, and establish a password.
3. Your password needs to have one upper-case letter and one digit ('0'-'9'). Example: Cocacola7
4. If successful, a confirmation email will be sent to the address you gave in the registration form.
5. Go to the confirmation email that was sent to your inbox and click on the hyperlink to complete the registration process.
6. Now, comment away, but be mindful of our comments policy. That's still in effect.
7. To Log out of the system, simply click your username and a pop up should give you the option to "Log Out." Click on it to exit the system.
The new system allows readers to debate each other respectfully, allows them to comment on posts with their privacy protected, and doesn’t force anyone to create an account with a separate social media platform just to participate on these comment threads.
We know some of you have been waiting for this moment for quite some time. Your patience has been rewarded, and we hope to see the same level of engagement that we saw before the transition. For new readers, we hope you participate in these threads. Welcome back to Townhall … without Facebook!
Editor's note: I know the HTML code doesn't look pretty, but we'll clean that up very shortly. This is just to let you know that the blue highlighted text is what you need to click on in order to finish the registration process. This isn't a spam.