Former TSA Officer Sentenced To 25 Years

Posted: Aug 09, 2018 4:00 PM
Former TSA Officer Sentenced To 25 Years

A former Transportation Security Administration (TSA) officer was sentenced to 25 years on charges of drug trafficking conspiracy and gun charges, the Department of Justice (DOJ) announced Wednesday in a press release. 

Wednesday in Charlotte, North Carolina, United States Attorney Andrew Murray announced that  Jamie Blunder, 50, was sentenced by U.S. District Judge Robert J. Conrad Jr. to 25 years in prison and up to five years of supervised release. 

Exhibits entered during Blunder’s trial were dated over an eight year period ranging from 2002-16. “Blunder was part of a drug conspiracy responsible for trafficking large quantities of cocaine and crack cocaine,” as reported in the press release. 

Blunder, along with his co-conspirators, were responsible for transporting and distributing the narcotics throughout the North Carolina area including Charlotte, Greensboro and Greensville. 

According to court records, Blunder did not utilize the Charlotte Douglas Airport to transport the narcotics, however at times he did use his position as a TSA officer to circumvent law enforcement detection in the Jamestown, High Point and Greensboro areas of North Carolina. 

During the course of the investigation, two kilograms of cocaine, $150,000 in cash, and at least eight firearms were seized by law enforcement. 

Lambert Guinn and Dana Washington, from the U.S. Attorney’s office in Charlotte, NC, both assistant U.S. Attorneys are in charge of the prosecution. 

“Four of Blunder’s co-conspirators have already been sentenced.  Aaron Dixon, 41, of Greenville, N.C., was sentenced to 75 months in prison and three years of supervised release; David Pate, 45, of High Point, was sentenced to 67 months in prison and three years of supervised release; Samuel Little, 60, of Greensboro, was sentenced to 60 months in prison and two years of supervised release; and Irvin Lampley, 58, of Greensboro, was sentenced to 21 months in prison and three years of supervised release,” according to the press release.

In Wednesday’s announcement, Murray thanked the FBI for leading the investigation, and the TSA, the North Carolina Highway Patrol, and the Charlotte Mecklenburg Police Department for the “invaluable” assistance that they provided with the investigation.