Speaking to reporters after a speech to the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Conference
in Washington D.C. Friday afternoon, former Vice President Joe Biden said allegations of inappropriate touching will change the way he campaigns, confirming he still plans on getting into the race for the White House.
"Of course it will change the way I campaign," Biden said.
Biden says events of the last week are "going to have to change how I campaign." He's just answering questions like he's already a candidate.— Lachlan Markay (@lachlan) April 5, 2019
Minutes later: "I'm told by the lawyers I've gotta be careful what I say so I don't start the clock ticking and change my status."
Biden is basically confirming that he's running for president in a gaggle right now. He says a lawyer has told him to be careful what he says about it so that he doesn't start "the clock ticking" on his campaign.— Abby D. Phillip (@abbydphillip) April 5, 2019
When asked directly if he'll jump into the race, Biden said he was still "deciding."
A number of women have come forward in recent weeks, all of them Democrats, and accused Biden of inappropriate touching and serious invasions of personal space.
Earlier this week, Biden issued an explanation for his behavior but did not apologize.
Social norms are changing. I understand that, and I’ve heard what these women are saying. Politics to me has always been about making connections, but I will be more mindful about respecting personal space in the future. That’s my responsibility and I will meet it. pic.twitter.com/Ya2mf5ODts— Joe Biden (@JoeBiden) April 3, 2019