White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer resigned from his position as press secretary Friday after news broke Wall Street financier Anthony Scaramucci was hired as communications director.
Who is Scaramucci? Here are ten things to know.
1) Scaramucci backed Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker and then former Florida Governor Jeb Bush during the 2016 primary before moving to endorse Donald Trump.
2) He recently sued CNN for a story alleging he had business ties to Russia. After review, three CNN reporters were forced to resign when "facts" of the story were proven untrue.
3) Scaramucci served on President-elect Trump's transition team and as a surrogate during the campaign.
4) In recent years, he served as a contributor for Fox Business.
5) He does not intend to a take a salary in his position at the White House.
6) Scaramucci founded hedge fund SkyBridge Capital, a management total of more than $11 billion.
7) He has a long history of involvement in politics through fundraising, but has never worked in government.
8) He is from Long Island, New York.
9) He went to law school with Barack Obama at Harvard.
10) He fundraised for Barack Obama's presidential campaign in 2008 and for Mitt Romney's campaign against him in 2012.