Apparently this is what the conservative senator from Texas gets for sticking up for his beliefs:
1. “The Most Dangerous Canadian in America” - Huff Po
2. “Creature from the Nether Regions” - Cher, via Twitter
3. “Dirty Syrup Guzzler” - Jon Stewart
4. “Out of bounds” - Sen. Lindsey Graham
5. “Too crazy” for House Republicans - Says Joe Scarborough
6. “Conspiracy theory character” - Huff Po:
7. “Gynotician of the Week” - Planned Parenthood
A gynotician is a politician who feels more qualified than women and their doctors to make women's health care decisions, according to urbandictionary.com.
8. “Schoolyard Bully” - Sen. Harry Reid
9. “Tailgunner Ted – he even looks like Joe McCarthy” - Salon.com
10. “Wacko Bird” - Sen. John McCain
Well, Cruz is not one to apologize for his bold, conservative ideals.
“I have not and will not reciprocate. My focus will remain on the substance.”
Don’t get him wrong, though, the optimistic, fun-loving senator can still get a Texas-sized kick out of these insults. After Jon Stewart’s not-so-funny “dirty syrup guzzler” comment, supposedly taking a jab at Cruz’s Canadian background, the senator explained to ABC News how he wrote to Stewart that Texas syrup was actually the best and sent a bottle to the comedian’s house.