"UNU," an artificial hive mind that makes predictions based off of swarm intelligence, hosted an AMA ("Ask Me Anything") session on Reddit on Wednesday to answer questions about American politics. This is the first time a "hive mind" has been featured in an AMA.
Despite the fact that UNU isn't actually a person capable of independent thought, UNU has a fairly decent track record when it comes to predictions. UNU was able to correctly guess the superfecta (first four finishers) of the Kentucky Derby, as well as over three fourths of the Academy Award winners from this past year.
Here's some of what UNU came up with when asked about politics and the 2016 election (for the full thread of questions and answers, click here):
- Hillary Clinton will be the next president of the United States.
- She will not be indicted, but she is quite crooked.
- Bernie Sanders is the most suited for the presidency, but has no chance of winning.
- Donald Trump is a racist and nothing like Ronald Reagan.
- Donald Trump will select Chris Christie as a running mate.
- California will legalize marijuana.
- Bernie Sanders would destroy Donald Trump in the general, as well as in a three-way race.
- The Libertarian Party will not break 15 percent.
- Gun control isn't going to happen, and Clinton won't do campaign finance reform.
- Hillary Clinton supports corporations over voters.
- 9/11 was not an inside job. (This is Reddit, after all.)
It'll be interesting to see how accurate UNU's predictions, as well as that of the swarm, are in the coming months. Horse races and elections are two very different things.