A friend sent me a recent news article showing that Planned Parenthood had decided to join in the protest of the shooting of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri. He was curious to know why Planned Parenthood was interested in the case. After all, they provide abortions. What is their interest in preventing the death of people like Michael Brown? Before I answered his question, I told him to take a couple of hours to watch Maafa 21 – a documentary on the roots of Planned Parenthood in the eugenics movement. Some interesting statistics are revealed in the film. For example:
- Since 1973, legal abortion has killed more blacks than AIDS, cancer, diabetes, heart disease, and violent crime combined.
- Every week, more blacks die in American abortion clinics than were killed in the entire Vietnam War.
- Just over 12 percent of the American population is black, yet 37 percent of abortions are performed on black women.
- Black children are almost five times more likely to be aborted than white children
- The abortion industry kills as many black people every four days as the Klan killed in 150 years.
The largest chain of abortion clinics in the United States is operated by Planned Parenthood.
Put simply, Planned Parenthood makes a lot of money off abortion in the black community. Therefore, they have a financial interest in maximizing the number of abortions taking place in the black community. In order to do that, they need to maximize the number of out-of-wedlock pregnancies occurring in the black community. So people like Michael Brown are a potential source of profit for Planned Parenthood at two distinct points in their lives: While they are in the womb, and while they are young adults.
Planned Parenthood didn’t get Michael Brown, despite the fact he was at great risk of being aborted – simply by virtue of the fact that he was conceived in the womb of a poor black woman. After he was born, Brown became less valuable to them – at least until he became a teenager and was, once again, a potential source of revenue. This requires some elaboration of the relationship between the type of character Brown possessed and his potential value to the abortion industry had he survived the shooting.
Although not everyone agrees about whether the shooting of Michael Brown was justified, there are a few things we know about his character at the time of the shooting. Any objective observer of Brown’s behavior can safely conclude the following:
- He was the type of person inclined to take things that did not belong to him.
- He was inclined to ignore the commands of authorities that tried to apprehend him for criminal wrongdoing.
- He was the type of person inclined to assaultive behavior – even of an armed police officer.
- He was not afraid to risk his life attempting to take a weapon from an armed law enforcement officer.
- He used drugs and alcohol and had a proclivity towards immediate gratification and sensation seeking.
In sum, we know that Michael Brown was an extreme risk taker who was inclined towards impulsive conduct. We also know that extreme risk takers who are inclined towards impulsive conduct are not the kind of people who father multiple children in wedlock with the same woman. They are the kind of people who father multiple children out of wedlock with numerous women. We also know that women who are drawn to such men are statistically more likely to abort their children than the average woman. There is no point in denying the obvious.
Despite his flaws, many people, including myself, believe that Michael Brown was of value because he was made in God’s image. But the folks at Planned Parenthood see it differently. They believe Michael Brown was of value because he was likely to produce human commodities that could be sold to abortion mills for monetary gain. This explains why Brown’s killing angered Planned Parenthood: It likely kept Planned Parenthood from making a profit off the murder of his offspring.
Protesting the killing of Michael Brown helps conceal the real motives of Planned Parenthood. It also helps hide the fact that the biggest threat to black people isn’t the white cop with a gun. It’s the white liberal with a vision.