Editor's note: Jim McCoy coauthored this column.
We offer you this pleading to vote in this year’s primaries and general election. The 2016 election was a squeaker and while our president lost the total vote count, he won the electoral college, count 304-277, with seven faithless electors not voting or having their vote dismissed by the respective states. The Supreme Court ruled Monday, July 6th that all states can require Electoral College members to cast their vote for the candidate to whom they were pledged to support. This decision was unanimous.
Since Hillary Clinton lost the 2016 election, there have been myriad unsuccessful attempts to change the results. These include criminal actions by rogue Washington D.C. Deep State actors in the abbreviation agencies--FBI, CIA, NSA and IRS. Congressional efforts by Democrats Adam Schiff and Jerry Nadler to impeach the president, the appointment of Robert Muller to waste millions of taxpayer dollars to find nothing, then perform a Joe Biden Alzheimer’s imitation during his testimony of the findings on national television.
As the election draws near, we can expect the Democrats and Deep State to double-down and attempt to unseat the president once again. No good deed goes unpunished.
Here is what each and every person must do who hates what the left has been doing during the past three and one-half years—the impeachment circus detailed above, the rioting, murder, arson and looting, the New York Times 1619 American history fantasy, the homeless and Covid-19 epidemics in mostly blue cities located, oddly enough in entirely blue states.
1. If you have voting age children or nieces/nephews who demonstrated during the Floyd/Brooks extravaganzas, encourage them to not throw their votes away on cisgendered, white establishment figures like Joe Biden, but make a statement for all the things that matter and write in someone like Al Sharpton, Congress-jerkoffs like AOC, Ilhan Omar or Rashida Tlaib, BLM princess Alisha Garza or even their beloved Marxist college professor.
2. Write or email your governor and demand that your state not permit ballot harvesting, period! We know from the last election in Orange County, California that the traditionally conservative area turned blue, despite remaining Republican until after the harvested votes were counted.
3. If you have voting age children or nieces/nephews who are conservative, they are probably too busy to register to vote or actually vote. With most states opening up, they feel because college never taught them to think that there are far too many more important things to do, so help them out. Give them a list of whom and what local ballot initiatives to vote for and promise then a crisp 20-ski to actually go out and vote. It will be money well spent.
4. If you vote by mail, make sure you actually go to the Supervisor of Elections office and deposit your ballet in their lock box. We know that many U.S. Postal employees are diehard union members and we know that unions support only donkey causes. If you get solicitations in your mail from conservative causes they know who you are and how you think, and Ooops…your ballot gets misplaced.
5. If you have elderly parents, uncle or aunts, make sure they vote (see #3 above)…assuming they are conservative and don’t want to give Sleepy/Sleazy Joe a hand for being such an adorable senior citizen.
6. If you see something at the polls or the Supervisor of Elections office, say something! You can count on a lot of blue shenanigans this primary and general election season and if something doesn’t look right, like a poll worker wearing a “I’m with Joe” t-shirt or messing with ballots turned in at the Elections office, call him/her/ze out and speak to the actual supervisor about this person’s problematic behavior.
7. Refer to Kurt Schlichter’s list in Townhall.
8. Don't be fooled by National Education Association propaganda and their dishonest spin that they put the education of children first. It is a teacher's union through and through. It high-jacked a noble label to disguise its self-serving agenda of selling out kids and their parents for teacher protections and liberal social agendas. In July 2019 the NEA voted down a proposal to “re-dedicate itself to the pursuit of increased student learning in every public school in America.” The resolution also proposed that the “NEA will make student learning the priority of the Association” and that every NEA program should be evaluated by asking, “How does the proposed action promote the development of students as lifelong reflective learners?” A very interesting position for a professional association dedicated to the education of children. At the same time the NEA voted to incorporate White Fragility Concepts into all of its training activities. The NEA’s endorsement of any candidate should be a progressive dog whistle for conservatives. In all likelihood, neither the best interests of children nor conservative principles will be served by such a candidate.
9. Vote to keep your money! Joe Biden, and his socialist running mate, will be fully committed to raising taxes and the redistribution of wealth. This will impact everyone negatively, not just the top 1 percent. Goebbels taught the value of the "big lie" in politics and we can count on Democrats to reprise this by increasing the effective tax rate for all Americans. Embracing socialism will be devastating to the American economy. As digital trading pioneer, Thomas Peterffy notes, "Yes, in socialism the rich will be poorer. But the poor will also be poorer."
10. If anyone balks at your encouragement to vote Republican, from United States President to your local dog catcher, remind them of the eight years America suffered under the last Democrat President with ObamaCare, the CFPB and its untouchable czar, billions of taxpayer dollars gambled on “green” companies -- Solyndra, NextEra, Ener1, Solar Trust and many others — all of which went bankrupt, refusal to enforce federal immigration laws, international intrigues like Operation Fast & Furious and the Benghazi fiasco, spending taxpayer dollars to bail out the private pension funds of autoworkers’ unions, handing out nearly $800 billion in stimulus cash for “shovel-ready” jobs that didn’t exist, overthrowing state efforts to reduce election fraud with voter ID laws, end our world energy independence, etc., etc.
If this list isn’t enough to get your blood boiling and you off your duff and chomping at the bit to vote, as the Australians like to say: “You’re dead but you won’t lie down!”