Dems' Rejoicing Over the Supreme Court Ruling on Trump's Tariffs Got Wrecked...by CNN?
'Out of Nowhere' Canadians Are Now Poorer Than Alabamians. The Reactions Have Been...
Trump Shut Down CNN During Yesterday's Tariff Presser
Student ‘ICE Out’ Protests Go Viral Across US – Now Schools are Taking...
Here's Why the US Is Losing Farms at an Alarming Rate
This State Is Getting Closer to Eliminating Property Taxes
‘Privileged, White, and Well-Off’? Canada’s MAiD Program Just Got Even More Disturbing
Toxic Chemical Poured on Trump-Kennedy Center Ice Rink, Performance Canceled
Lawmakers Probe Potomac River Sewage Spill
Ukrainian Man Ran 'Upworksell.com' to Sell Stolen Identities for Overseas IT Workers, Cour...
The DOJ Has Canned the Most Liberal Immigration Judge in America
Fake Immigration Law Firm Busted in Brooklyn Federal Indictment
It's True: Gavin Newsom's California Government Has Paid Protestors Over $100 Million
Three Iranian Nationals Indicted For Attempting to Sell Google Secrets to Home Country
Energy Security Is National Security: How America Maintains Its Military Edge
Tipsheet

It’s Over: Danish Police Kill Suspect They Say Is Responsible For The Copenhagen Shootings

It’s Over: Danish Police Kill Suspect They Say Is Responsible For The Copenhagen Shootings

It was a dark day for Denmark; two shootings left three people dead–including the gunman–and five police officers wounded. This occurs a little more than a month after the horrific Charlie Hebdo shootings in Paris. Danish Prime Minister Helle Thorning-Schmidt called the first shooting yesterday afternoon a terror attack.

Advertisement

To recap, Lars Vilks, a Danish cartoonist, had organized a free speech event at a café called Krudttønden.  A gunman proceeded to open fire during the seminar.  You can hear the shots being fired at during the event in this chilling audio clip. One man was killed in the attack; three police officers were wounded. A few hours later, shots were fired at a synagogue not far from the café. One victim was shot in the head and later died; two officers were wounded in the leg and arm. The second shooting was confirmed by Danish national police and ordered residents in Central Copenhagen to stay indoors, while the manhunt for the shooter began. The city was pretty much blocked off; no one was leaving.

It was originally reported that police were looking for two suspects in the attack, but later updated their reports to say they were looking for only one person.

Advertisement

Now, Danish police killed a man who they think is responsible for both attacks in the Norrebro district after he opened fire on them, according to the BBC [emphasis mine]:

Police in Copenhagen say they have shot dead a man they believe was behind two deadly attacks in the Danish capital hours earlier.

Police say they killed the man in the Norrebro district after he opened fire on them.

It came after one person was killed and two injured during a free speech debate in a cafe on Saturday.

In the second attack, a Jewish man was killed and two police officers wounded near the city's main synagogue.

Police say they do not believe any other people were involved in the attacks.

The BBC's Malcolm Brabant in Copenhagen says the city has been on high alert after the shootings.

Early on Sunday, police said they had been keeping an address under observation in the district of Norrebro, waiting for the occupant to return.

When he appeared, he noticed the officers, pulled out a gun and opened fire, police said. They returned fire and shot him dead.

Norrebro is a predominantly immigrant district of Copenhagen, about three miles (5km) away from the synagogue where the shooting took place just hours earlier.

Advertisement

This harrowing ordeal appears to be over.

Join the conversation as a VIP Member

Recommended

Trending on Townhall Videos