On Tuesday, Katie wrote about the “peaceful” anarchist occupiers’ foiled plot to blow up a bridge in Ohio. According to the FBI affidavit, their goal involved “[sending] a message to corporations and the United States government” through violence and/or the destruction of physical property. After mulling over how to best achieve this goal, they decided to take down a bridge. But just how did they reach that conclusion? Below are some deep thoughts by the anarchist occupiers as presented in the affidavit:
20. WRIGHT further stated that there were not enough anarchists in Cleveland to do what he wanted to do…
55. …Someone in the group advised there was a Fusion Center in Cleveland, Ohio, that was located in the Justice Center. The group joked about taking out the Justice Center, but agreed it would kill too many inmates.
‘Must save our own!’
56. WRIGHT joked that he would wear a suicide vest and walk in and blow himself up, but advised he would have to be very drunk. BAXTER advised at one time he wanted to do a suicide attack, but agreed it would be better to live through the attack and fight another day.
71. Finally, the group discussed what would happen if they were caught. BAXTER thought that they will all go to Guantanamo Bay if they get caught, they will not go to a normal prison.
They are either ill-informed on who gets sent to Gitmo or hoping they can play soccer all day long - or both.
And finally, the best for last:
71. …To prevent capture, he suggested getting tacks that they could throw out of the back of the car if they get in a chase…
The Smoking Gun quips: “This getaway tactic was last successfully used in a Batman episode from 1967.”
Police Agencies Display 'In God We Trust' on Patrol Cars, Tell Critics to 'Go Fly a Kite' | Leah Barkoukis
Kasich: Maybe I'll Buy Bibles for Medicaid Expansion Critics, So They'll Care About the Poor | Guy Benson
Despite Video Investigation, 30 Percent of Americans Have ‘Very Favorable’ View of Planned Parenthood | Cortney O'Brien