Republican Senator Ted Cruz has finished his 21-hour long stand against Obamacare. Here are some quotes from Cruz and his friends in the Senate who helped him out.
1. I will speak until I am no longer able to stand." -Cruz
2. "If you don't have the freedom to seek out God, then every freedom is stripped away." - Cruz
3. "The sons and daughters of America have freedom as their birthright." -Senator Mike Lee
4. "All it takes for us to do the right thing is for us to listen to the American people." -Cruz
5. "I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep." -Lee
6. "The people who gave you Obamacare have big hearts I think, but sometimes they don't have very big brains." -Senator Rand Paul
7. "I am doing fabulous." -Cruz at hour 18
8. "The quickest way to decline is to undermine the American Dream....Obamacare is a direct threat to the American dream." -Senator Marco Rubio
9. "I believe that if Obamacare doesn't apply to everyone, then it shouldn't apply to anyone." -Cruz
10. Lee: Can the Senator say where Chinese gooseberries first grew? Cruz: That is easy, New Zealand. Lee: I thank the Senator.
11. "Most U.S. senators are home in bed asleep, while America lives the Obamacare nightmare." -Cruz
12. "Pick a side. Stand by your beliefs." -Cruz
13. "You take the votes of people who's premiums have gone down, I'll take the others." -Cruz to Democratic Senator Dick Durbin
14. "There is no courage in Washington like that of the anonymous Congressional staffer." -Cruz
15. "The system is designed to hide what we're doing." -Cruz
16. "We would not be in this mess if not for the failure of the United States Senate." -Cruz
17. "Small businesses are crying out that Obamacare is killing them." -Cruz
18. "DC depends on Americans not paying attention." -Cruz
19. "Do you like green eggs and ham? I do not like them Sam I am, I do not like green eggs and ham." -Cruz reading Dr. Seuss to his daughters watching from home before bed.
20. "The momentum has been consistently for defunding ObamaCare." -Cruz
21. "Mike Lee, I am your father." -Cruz quoting Star Wars.
Katie Pavlich is the Editor at Townhall.com. Follow her on Twitter @katiepavlich. She is a New York Times Best Selling author. Her latest book Assault and Flattery: The Truth About the Left and Their War on Women, was published on July 8, 2014.
WDBJ Manager: Vester Flanagan Handed Cross to News Director After Being Fired and Said ‘You’ll Need This’ | Cortney O'Brien