Instead of working to grow our economy, President Obama is waging an assault on free enterprise.
It’s a two-front attack: bashing the private sector on the one hand, while engaging in crony capitalism on the other. Both are bad for the economy and frustrating to voters. Moreover, they reveal the president’s true priorities.
Bashing the Private Sector
To distract from the president’s disappointing record, Team Obama has decided to base their entire campaign on attacking the private sector and Mitt Romney’s career as a successful businessman.
“This is what this campaign is going to be about,” President Obama said on Monday, referring to his attacks on Governor Romney.
But those attacks are backfiring, revealing just how unreasonable they are.
Even Democrats recognize Obama’s distortions and have defended the Romney record.
· Newark Mayor Cory Booker: “If you look at the totality of Bain Capital’s record, they’ve done a lot to support business, to grow businesses.”
· Virginia Senator Mark Warner: “Bain Capital was a very successful business.”
· Former Pennsylvania Gov. Ed Rendell: “I think [the attacks] are very disappointing.”
· Former Obama Advisor and Car Czar Steven Rattner: “I don’t think there’s anything Bain Capital did that they need to be embarrassed about.”
· Former Congressman Harold Ford, Jr.: “Private equity is a good thing in many, many instances.”
Now, his campaign staff find themselves pathetically tongued-tied trying to defend blatant falsehoods.
President Obama, of course, has no experience in the private sector, so perhaps that’s why he’s so willing to attack those that do.
His hostility to free enterprise has informed his policy decisions. From blocking the Keystone Pipeline to allowing the EPA to handcuff job creators, President Obama has made it harder for the private sector to hire new workers at a time when 23 million Americans are struggling to find work
Beginning with the stimulus, Obama has repeatedly inserted the government into the free market for political reasons—and with disastrous results. Solyndra is the poster-child of such politically-motivated reckless behavior, but just this week, reporters exposed yet another example.
Paying Attention Now? Gosnell Movie Campaign Reaches $1 Million After MSM Ignore Gruesome Abortion Story | Cortney O'Brien