Since liberals can't find enough real examples of racism to whine over, they've taken drastic steps to invent imaginary bigotry. One of the ways they've done this, especially on college campuses, is by embracing the concept of "privilege."
The general idea is that as a straight, white heterosexual male, you have all sorts of special "privileges" you should feel guilty about because of your "dominant" position in society. Buzzfeed even put together a special quiz on the subject called, "How Privileged Are You?" Some of the indications of "privilege" on the quiz include:
* I have never been told I “sound white.”
* My parents are heterosexual.
* I am a man.
* I have never felt unsafe because of my gender.
* I have never been homeless.
To take this sort of hyper-sensitivity seriously requires a mind-boggling lack of self-awareness because EVERYBODY has some kind of "privilege" that could benefit him in some way, shape or form that others don't have.
I've worked at jobs where the managers have said they couldn't fire a black employee who deserved it solely because they needed more of a paper trail to fire a non-white employee. There are illegal aliens getting in-state tuition when Americans from other states can't. There are transexuals who can use whatever bathroom they want based on how they "feel" about their gender that day. It's much more acceptable for a woman to stay home and take care of her kids while her partner supports her than it is for a man. If you're gay, you're much more likely to be taken seriously if you claim that you're the victim of a hate crime than someone who's straight.
Oh, but those don't count...why not?
Because if you apply the same rules of "privilege" to everyone, it becomes obvious that whole concept is stupid?
Well, the rest of us already know that, but in order to help liberals catch up, here are 15 examples of "liberal privilege."
1) You can commit a crime and your local newspaper usually won't mention what party you're in if you're a Democrat.
2) You can be a white liberal who viciously mocks black men like Clarence Thomas, Allen West, and Ben Carson without being called a racist.
3) You can be a Communist or a radical Islamist, you can hate America or even engage in acts of terrorism and still get a job as a college professor. In fact, it probably makes it more likely you'll be hired.
4) You can live in a mansion, fly around in private jets and consume more energy than a small town and still be taken seriously when you say we need to cut back on our lifestyles to fight global warming.
Ginsburg: Fellow Justices Don’t Understand Hobby Lobby Case Since They’re Male, or Something | Kara Jones
Abandoned Baby With Downs Syndrome Highlights Dark Side of Surrogacy in Thailand | Christine Rousselle
Suites, Hair Salons, All-You-Can-Eat Meals: Illegal Immigrants Get Top-Notch Treatment at Texas Detention Center | Leah Barkoukis