Hey, Dad. If you’re going to send your kid to a public school or a state run university, then you’ve got to teach your child not to just sit there in class, like a nice boy, and take whatever propaganda the “progressives” shove down their pie hole.
The Conservative/traditionalist is the rebel of our day. “The Man” and “The Machine” on campus to rage against is not stodgy traditionalism, but rank socialism and its moral and political vacuity. Meet the new boss — it’s not the same as the old boss.
For Dads who want their kids to make a dent on their campus for God and country, not only for their sake but for the following generations, I have seven things your charge must take on if they want to screw with the asinine screwballs at their school. To be an effective agent of rebellion have them do the following:
1. Get a sense of humor. Most of the liberal teachers and student activists are a screeching, nerve-grating, nasally bunch of emotional basket cases.
Therefore, conservative student, when you queue up to address your crowd, be pleasant, poke fun at yourself, remove the whine from your voice and use honed humor to humiliate the Left. Getting folks to laugh at your opponents and not being rabid about taking yourself so seriously helps get your point across.
2. Get creative. God bless technology. Conservative rebels, you have at your technological fingertips the wherewithal to go creatively crazy with the real possibility of a stack of people seeing and hearing you take on the Left’s propaganda peddlers via social media.
3. Get tough. One thing that drives me nuts about some wussies on the right is their bemoaning how they get attacked when they go public in the classroom with their sentiments. What did you think the Leftists were going to do, clap? Buy you candy? Look, not-so-sharp holder of traditional values, we’re in a very real culture war. The crap will hit the fan when you counter the liberal crud in the classroom. Embrace it. Suck it up. Get tough.
4. Get prayerful. Most folks on the ludicrous left who embrace what 21st century Democrats currently spew are admitted atheists. Seeing that they don’t believe in the God who is, I’m a guessin’ they are probably not down with the discipline of prayer. The traditionalist (usually) believes in the God of Scripture . . . the God who’s got a will and way that He’d like to see implemented on the planet. Therefore, start praying with faith and oomph for His will to be done on earth as it is in heaven (this includes your campus).
5. Get informed. Conservative contrarians, you’ve got to get the following books and read them: