After notching a “heavy weight” win against President Obama in last week’s Denver debate, Romney laid down another game changer in his foreign policy speech Monday at the Virginia Military Institute. Osama bin Laden might be dead but we are not safer was the theme of Romney’s speech. America isn’t shaping history but “leaving our destiny at the mercy of events,” said Romney.
Looking “severely presidential” at the Virginia Military Institute, Romney gave a searing indictment of Obama’s failures to lead abroad, naming incident after incident where Obama has sat on the sidelines as world events unravel.
· The planned terror attack on the USA consulate in Libya where American diplomats were killed and Obama first tried to blame it on an anti-Muslim video.
· Daylight has been put between Israel and America.
· Iran is going nuclear and when it tried to assassinate the Saudi Ambassador in our nation’s capital Obama was silent when asked “Are you with us, or are you with them?”
· Syrian President Assad butchered 30,000 of his people and attacked Turkey while Obama remains silent.
· Al Qaeda is alive and well in Somalia, Yemen, Libya, Iraq, Syria and Northern Africa.
· No new trade agreements have been signed.
Romney said what is painfully obvious to Americans, “hope is not a strategy” and the nation’s security can’t afford for more years of Obama’s deliberate passivity. Because “if America doesn’t lead others will” like Assad and the mullahs.
Assuming the mantle of a president, Romney declared “Our friends and allies across the globe do not want less American leadership. They want more.” Romney outlined how under his presidency our country would rise up again.
In short order Romney warned the world would know if he became president, America would back up its words with deeds. Romney pledged he would not tolerate a nuclear Iran or thumb his nose at Israel. He would restore Obama’s arbitrary cuts in defense, show Putin no “flexibility” and make NATO nations pay their “fair share.” Today only three NATO nations pay the required 2% of their GDP to security spending.
Crystal Wright is author of the newly released book Con Job: How Democrats Gave Us Crime, Sanctuary Cities, Abortion Profiteering, and Racial Division. She is also the principal owner of the Baker Wright Group, LLC , a full service public relations firm, specializing in communications counseling, media relations, message development, media training and crisis communications. The firm’s approach is straight forward: an unvarnished approach to public relations.