Let Freedom Ring's primary current project is the Cut, Cap, Balance coalition on the debt ceiling. The project is the culmination of over 60 outside groups and more than 150 Tea Party organizations.
Past projects have included:
* www.WethePeopleCanRead.org, a new initiative urging Members of Congress to sign House Resolution 554 to require that all non-emergency legislation be posted on the Internet for 72 hours before it can be considered on the House floor.
* www.PledgeToRead.com, a pledge sent to every Member of the U.S. House and Senate stating that the signer pledges not to vote for a health care reform bill that the legislator hasn't read - and that hasn't been made available to the public to read also.
* www.NotSoSure.org presenting thought-provoking ideas about healthcare reform.
* www.WeNeedAFence.com advocating the construction of a state-of-the-art physical barrier along our southern border as part of an overall border security strategy.
* www.TheirOwnWords.com, a Jihadist awareness website; and the Pennsylvania Pastors Network, an association of Biblically-faithful pastors in the Keystone State who want to engage their congregations on matters of public policy and culture that are legitimately connected to the Christian faith, but without politicizing their pulpits or endangering their churches' tax status.
Colin is a former County Commissioner in Chester County, PA (1995-2003). Prior to his election he was a CBS sales executive in New York and Philadelphia; after CBS he started and sold several small businesses, including an advertising agency, a computerized barter exchange, a marketing and management consulting firm, an executive search firm and a computer service firm.
Veteran, U.S. Navy; guest: America's Newsroom with Megyn Kelly, Hannity and Colmes, The Situation with Tucker Carlson, Dayside, Fox & Friends, Your World with Neil Cavuto, The Big Story with John Gibson; Special Report with Brit Hume and The Lou Dobbs Report.
Hanna is a graduate of the University of Pennsylvania. He is father of two, married to Pricie and they live in West Chester, Pennsylvania.
This week the House of Representatives is scheduled to vote on one of the most damaging provisions of ObamaCare: The Independent Payment Advisory Board (IPAB). The board is supposed to be President Obama’s solution to Medicare’s funding crisis, yet it still leaves the program bankrupt in nine years.
As part of the deal that gave President Barack Obama the increase in the federal debt ceiling he so desperately wanted, both houses of Congress are required to hold a vote on a Balanced Budget Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. The House of Representatives has already acted but failed to achieve the two-thirds support necessary for it to pass. Now it's the Senate's turn.
Pressure is building on President Barack Obama to call for an extension of the so-called payroll tax holiday. Keeping it in place, say the people who favor the idea, brings some kind of needed economic stimulus... In reality it’s a dangerous idea, almost certainly doing more harm than good.
The President insists on tax increases, and the Republicans insist on no tax increases. The House Majority Leader insists on cuts greater than any debt ceiling increase, and the House Minority Leader insists on no entitlement changes.
Taxpayers Funded Housing For Illegal Unaccompanied Minors Complete With Petting Farm, Guitar Lessons, Organic Vegetables | Katie Pavlich